Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 11.6.2 beta update: a Valentine's Day gift from LW3dG

Axes grinder- Dongle #99

11.6.2 beta update: a Valentine's Day gift from LW3dG

I guess they do love us: check your accounts for an 11.6.2 beta update.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Awesome, ...but why is this open beta? Don't understand?

Heffalump
    Quote Originally Posted by 50one View Post
    Awesome, ...but why is this open beta? Don't understand?
    Because it's not quite done yet and they're hoping for bug reports, etc. from users, I would suggest.
    Inactive.

I'm surprised they opened themselves up to the abuse they got the last time they did an open beta.
    Very brave people. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Because it's not quite done yet and they're hoping for bug reports, etc. from users, I would suggest.
    I know, but it's bit weird instead of releasing 11.6.2 update and that's it, don't get me wrong not complaining tho
    I can see lot of fixes with particles, instances and flocking

Newbie Member
    Sweet! Thanks Newtek!

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Well, it's a beta until it's not: you can't release something that hasn't been beta'd and call it "the 11.6.2 update" or there'd be blood in the streets.

Or, worse, bad PR.

what's all the hubbub bub?

Given that the dev team appears to be in high gear and turning around fogbugz'ed bug fixes quickly (see my reported Lscript bug that was fixed in just a few days of reporting), I'd say news of 11.6.2 is fantastic and if they want to move to a faster release schedule (which I cant confirm), then I'm all for it!

Personally, I would rather support them than rehash stuff 2+ full point versions ago that was probably had different drivers/objectives and different members on the team. In my opinion they are doing great now and much better than years past!

Good work LW3DG!!

p.s. i dont really mean to start any big discussion here, just posting to say they ARE fixing bugs and I like where they are headed!

I'm having a problem licensing it. I drag the downloaded LICENSE.LWK onto the Splash Screen, shutdown and restart LW - just comes back and says it can't find the license. Tried a couple times.

Not optimal!

Nevermind... redownloaded key and licensed - all fine now.
    I must have downloaded the wrong key.
    Last edited by GregMalick; 02-14-2014 at 09:05 PM.

Somewhere, over the rainbow....

I think this is great that NT is releasing all these patches. Shows a real commitment to quality. Sending this out to the masses is also smart - the more people that mess with the more chances of things can be found that need attention.

Nice work. Some 3dconnexion fixes in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Snosrap View Post
    I think this is great that NT is releasing all these patches. Shows a real commitment to quality. Sending this out to the masses is also smart - the more people that mess with the more chances of things can be found that need attention.
    True. But may I suggest that if a person has a confirmed bug/problem that they fogbugz it with as detailed yet succinct description as possible? It seems it is much easier for the dev group to respond to fogbugzes instead of taking the time to wade through the very long-winded and often digressing forum posts. Report the bug through proper channels and I'm sure they'll fix it. I've been very impressed with their responsiveness via that means.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    I very much appreciate dot releases, and that's a long list of quashed bugs-- a lot in bits I don't personally use, but generally in the more high-end, pipe-liney end of things that big studios appreciate.

There's so much of LW I've never used that I'm very much satisfied with bug fixes and stabile releases than New! Improved! Whizbang Features!!!! I'm not using the good stuff NOW, new good stuff is wasted on me.

Quote Originally Posted by geo_n View Post
    Nice work. Some 3dconnexion fixes in there.
    Yep this is great news

Quote Originally Posted by sami View Post
    True. But may I suggest that if a person has a confirmed bug/problem that they fogbugz it with as detailed yet succinct description as possible? It seems it is much easier for the dev group to respond to fogbugzes instead of taking the time to wade through the very long-winded and often digressing forum posts. Report the bug through proper channels and I'm sure they'll fix it. I've been very impressed with their responsiveness via that means.
    The quality of bug reports that are fogged depends upon proper corroboration by many users who verify that the bug found is reproducible on our end first. Posting and discussing them here is the most efficient way to do that in the shortest period of time. Once the confirmations have come in, fog the bug and reference the thread in the fog, so that the devs can refer to the natty details that all have encountered if need be. Much higher resolution on the problem and less noise from uncorroborated big reports that they have to wade through to no avail, because no one did any peer checking.
    Blown Glass ˇ Carbon Fiber + Imagination

Spherical Magic | We Build Cool Stuff!

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast