Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smoothing Groups or similar?

Now you can see difference between importer scale 1 and 0,01.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lightmap scale1.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	208.1 KB 
ID:	120066   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lightmap scale 001.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	271.2 KB 
ID:	120067  

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusM View Post
    Now you can see difference between importer scale 1 and 0,01.
    Yes, I agree with you, the scale of the imported object changes the way the surface is smoothed out. I now see what you were saying before.
    On other hand I also came to a solution, which I had overlooked! I disabled "Generate Lightmap UVs" in the inspector tab of the mesh in question.
    Here I leave you with the image that shows the difference between enabling a disabling the "Generate Lightmap UVs" feature:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	final.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	120118

As you can see in the image above, both meshes are the same, but the one on the left has "Generate Lightmap UVs" disabled, and the one on the right has it enabled.
    The shading looks a lot better on the left and has a lot less artifacts. I need to mention that the mesh is exported from Lightwave 3D Modeler in a .obj filetype and imported directly into Unity with the following settings.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	settings.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	120119

Well I think this solves my problem, hope other people have found this information useful, well maybe a bit lame that I forgot to check a primary setting, but from time to time one tends to forget things a bit. Thanks to all who have collaborated on this topic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12