Thread: 20 days of drawing

20 days of drawing

I'm currently taking a drawing excercise and practice marathon. Currently I'm just blindly pushing onward with some DigitalTutors lessons, and hoping that when I'm done, I'll be in good shape to make fine looking consept design sketches for a project of mine.

Anyone who has gone through these same lessons as I'm looking at from DT is surely goin to recognize the subjects and style that I'm drawing them in, so I make no claim to the ideas portrayed in these sketches unless I specifically state otherwise

Still going at it... lots of fun

Nice
    " ...we are so close, yet so far away... "

Stuck in a very big cube Waves of light's Avatar
    Nice eyes. The ability to draw, even in the rawest form, is a skill-set that a lot of 'artists' don't have nowadays, and the fact that you are pushing yourself and perfecting these skills says a lot about the artist you are/ want to be.

I picked up a book years ago, called 'The Complete Book of Drawing MANGA'. I think it was going cheap in a book shop. I'm not really into Manga, but the detail about proportions, facial expressions, eyes and pose are extremely valuable and transferable to other forms (i.e. non-Manga).

Keep them coming.

Systen Spec: i7 4930k (OC @4.5ghz),ASUS p9x79 MB, 32GB Ballistix RAM, H60 cooling, Samsung SSD 120GB, WD 1TB

Thanks guys !

Hahh... I have had that book ("The Complete Book Of Drawing MANGA") hovering behind me on my bookshelf for almost 10 years and I've barely taken a look at it. Guess I'll be taking a better look at it now, thanks for the tip

I feel like I've come to a stop where I know and can-do anything in 3D, but I lack in traditional art section. So it feels great to finally be giving myself time to just really sink into drawing and illustrating. My goal isn't to become an awesome 2D illustrator in the end, but I feel I need to do this to further enhance my own work. Otherwise I'm afraid I'll be stuck as a "purely technical" artist if you know what I mean.

The courses are gradually getting more complicated and challenging, which is hard, but exactly what I want at the same time

Very good female form and muscle groups. Keep it up.

Systen Spec: i7 4930k (OC @4.5ghz),ASUS p9x79 MB, 32GB Ballistix RAM, H60 cooling, Samsung SSD 120GB, WD 1TB

Thanks

.... here's one more course completed and these techniques are going to come in handy soon

Quote Originally Posted by ArtGoblin View Post

Cool looking images. Nice job.

Feel I'm playing a bit of catch up with some of your threads, even though I have seen them posted on FB.

Your new techniques are clearly visible in the above works. The whole process with the Assault Rifle has a very professional product-viz look about it. I really like the attention to detail and the colors used in the renders.

The Scout character reflects the exercises your have undertaken on characters and pose, because the proportions are excellent.

Thanks you, I'm really glad to hear this

The thing is that in Iceland there aren't that many 3d artists, and I also happen to be the only one in the country that uses Lightwave3d hehe... so it's a bit isolated when it comes to getting real feedback on your work here locally. So it always makes me a bit half-stepping with where I stand in regards to quality of the work I'm doing. I've been putting a whole lot of effort the last two years to break out of what I feel is somewhat a mediocre level and take my skills to the professional level, it's all in all just a whole lot of work and dedication, but I'm having a lot of fun as well.