Thread: How to add a more complete head to the nevron rig

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How to add a more complete head to the nevron rig

If I remove the head from the rig and add a Genoma Human Head (from Rig Parts) will I still be able to use Nevron Motion retargetting? Is this the best way to add eyes and jaw to the Nevron_Genoma_Rig?

Thanks for any help or pointers.

Quote Originally Posted by samscudder View Post
    If I remove the head from the rig and add a Genoma Human Head (from Rig Parts) will I still be able to use Nevron Motion retargetting? Is this the best way to add eyes and jaw to the Nevron_Genoma_Rig?

Thanks for any help or pointers.
    To answer your question, you will need to keep the original Nevron Rig intact as far as I can tell, but you should be able to add on top of it just fine. Also note that you can set the strength of Nevron Genoma rig bones to 0% so that they won't influence anything. Look under the "muscles_targets" category for eye presets. The jaw, depending on what you need it to do, could be put in place with a simple 1-bone connector.

Now, you can have a 100% custom rig that adapts to the Nevron Genoma rig, but going that route requires quite a bit more knowledge and understanding in regards to how motion modifiers and same as item constraints work.
    Professional-level 3d training: Ryan's Lightwave Learning
    Plugin Developer: RR Tools for Lightwave

I had the same problem and I took a portion of the head rig and just kept the eye skelegons+. Then I added a passive connector between that setup and the neck skelegon, like in this screenshot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	passiveconnector.JPG 
Views:	250 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	119164

This doesn't cause any errors when I create the rig in Layout and gives me the controls and eye bones I need. note: The eye controls are not in the hierarchy, so if you rotate your character the eyes will point towards the fixed controls. I actually prefer the controls to move with the character, so I just pulled the eye controls under the hierarchy after creating the rig. (I just made the controls children of the neck bone)

-shawn

Thanks for the info!

How about a jaw, since the nevron rig has a fixed jaw, is it better to do the movements with a morph, or just add another jaw bone and zero the strength of the Nevron jaw?

Quote Originally Posted by samscudder View Post
    Thanks for the info!

How about a jaw, since the nevron rig has a fixed jaw, is it better to do the movements with a morph, or just add another jaw bone and zero the strength of the Nevron jaw?
    You could zero out the strength of the nevron one as you said and add another bone, maybe as part of the same sub rig that gives you the eye bones/controls (I don't have Lightwave in front of me so I can't recall if the head rig has a jaw). (I've seen some demo's using nevron to drive the mouth - they seem alright, so using the Nevron for facial capture is an option too.)

I don't use a jaw bone for a couple reasons. 1) I have lots of morphs and use TAFA, which works well for me. 2) My characters of late tend to not have much of a jaw, so a jaw bone doesn't help me.