Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adobe Premiere is not SpeedEDIT...

IMO, this is a invalid idea anyway: those are two very dissimilar tasks.
    Hitfilm is both a compositor and NLE and I would have said the tasks are very quickly becoming inextricably linked. I am tempted to go so far as to say linked even with 3d, as Blender does all 3, and more and more compositors are taking on 3d functions. I have often used LW's texturing and layering/nodal image editing functions to assembly composites I would find hard to do in an actual compositing package.
    Push the software, don't let it push YOU!
    My own plugins and work:www.mikegreen.name
    LaptopSetup:corei7 2.4GHz nvidia GT 650M 8Gig win8 64
    WorkSetup:core i7 3.4Ghz nvidia Quadro 2000 12Gig Ram Win7

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    I think of AURA et al as more of a painting package than a compositor.

And just as it might be slightly convenient to meld AE and PShop, I think they are best left separate. And their development is certainly, I'd put money on, faster as separate apps than if they were integrated.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

I would like to be using Aura along with SpeedEdit, but where do I purchase Aura?

NewTek dealers used to sell a stand alone version of Aura (my university had 25 copies of the software) but that hasn't that hasn't happened for a number of years. I have seen free downloads for Aura on the web - you'll just have to do some searching. If you want something based on Aura that is for sale, check out TV Paint.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    I think I tried to sell my copy a while back... no takers...
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

I too hope that Newtek considers releasing an updated version of SpeedEDIT soon!! We have been using VT3, 4 & 5 with the "bundled" earlier versions of SE since 2004, and SpeedEDIT in it's various standalone incarnations when released up to version 2.5 that we're using currently. The facility where I work has used various versions of Discreet Logic, Pinnacle Liquid, AVID, and most recently Grass Valley edius turnkey NLE solutions along side Newtek's NLE, and so far SpeedEDIT is still the most versatile option-especially for the price in my opinion. I feel that if Newtek could re-visit a bit of that VT5 integration so that LiveText, Aura and SpeedEDIT were are available within one integrated application, they would be able to knock the other companies out of the playing field!! Not everyone needs the live switching capabilities that are inherently part of the Tricaster line of products.

I 've never had a need for live switching and bought my VT (with Aura) for editing, animation, and paint. I later bought SE and Mirage for the same purpose. I, too, wish SE was an integrated package with Aura. NewTek has a great product in SE that could be made so much better and give the other NLEs a run for their money.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Sorry, but this is completely incorrect.
    Well, I looked into this and I spoke with people in the know and can confirm that I am indeed completely incorrect (there's a first time for everything i suppose).

Aura is indeed still owned by NewTek. My apologies for speaking out of my rear end.

Shabazzy

Quote Originally Posted by Shabazzy View Post
    Well, I looked into this and I spoke with people in the know...
    On this topic, I am "people in the know".
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Excellent!

Now, when can we expect NewTek to re-release Aura, with integration to SpeedEdit ?

Blog Entries
    HAH! See what I did there Steve?

I lead you right into that one.

Quote Originally Posted by donx View Post
    Now, when can we expect NewTek to re-release Aura, with integration to SpeedEdit ?
    I refer you to my post #11 in this thread for my personal thoughts on the matter (note that this reflects neither my own preference nor an 'official' viewpoint. It's just an honest personal assessment).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

It's a great assessment. It would be great if NewTek did something about it.

I had purchased Hitfilm 2 Ultimate a while ago. I have a video presentation to show tomorrow and two days ago I decided I'd do this project with Hitfilm. It is an editor but it also does compositing and visual effects (even 3D!). But yesterday, Hitfilm failed me. The audio was drifting earlier and it was no longer in synch with the video. Today I only have one day left and I kicked into emergency mode. I did the whole project in SpeedEDIT and, boy it is so much better than Hitfilm for basic editing. But Hitfilm supposedly does 4K video and that's one of the reasons I bought it. The other is the beyond-editing features it has like fire, smoke, explosions etc. I'll have to get back to it later but I sure do love SpeedEDIT. It saved my project.

TV Paint formerly Aura, Formerly TV Paint to be accurate.
    Kevin "Q" Quattro
    Inhance Digital
    3D Art Director

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast