Thread: Text import from Illustrator help

Text import from Illustrator help

I have brought some text into lightwave from Illustrator, worked fine but I have some extra artifacts(fake Geometry) that is not selectable. See image please.

How do I fix this?

Also I did try the text tool and it does the same

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-12-29 at 5.40.27 PM.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	118989  

Does it also render like that? Its been a long time playing with logo's. I think it's just a opengl problem. To get rid of it you need some extra cuts.
    -------------------------------------
    Joined the Rebellion

Sometimes just using Triple on your polygons, then merging them back fixes the display bug. But it's a good practice not to have Ngons like that at render time.
    Polygons (even quads) that fold into themselves (think of a hang glider shape) can cause display bugs and rendering problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Pensart View Post
    Does it also render like that? Its been a long time playing with logo's. I think it's just a opengl problem. To get rid of it you need some extra cuts.
    Did not try as I was struck odd by what I saw. But I will take a look. Thanks for the reply

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Sometimes just using Triple on your polygons, then merging them back fixes the display bug. But it's a good practice not to have Ngons like that at render time.
    Polygons (even quads) that fold into themselves (think of a hang glider shape) can cause display bugs and rendering problems.
    Will try this also. Thanks

As the others have said, but also give this Pictrix script a whirl. Unigon on this page is also extremely useful.

http://www.pictrix.jp/?p=6071

Vacant, pretty vacant pinkmouse's Avatar
    Don't you also need to use an older Illustrator format to loading into LW? V5 or V8 I think, can't remember which...
    Al
    "I conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." Charles Fort

My Website
    My Lightwave Tutorials