Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Have a request for video tutorials?

+1
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

Not a video tutorial per se but I put together this video on a rundown of some of LWCAD's features for those who may not know its range of tools. Music is by our very own Matt Gorner.

I can't believe I missed all this! These are terrific, thank you SO much hrgiger!

It's always interesting to actually hear someone's voice to see if it is what you think they will sound like ha ha.

I am planning to get ZBrush soon so tutorials for it would be super as well but anything you would like to demonstrate would be greatly appreciated!

Excellent tutorial hrgiger, much appreciated.
    Silkrooster.com - temporarily offline due to updating...
    Spinquad Forum - Closed Sorry...
    lightwave-resources.pdf - - temporarily offline due to updating...

I would like to see how to move a rotation axis once in layout to another angle. I have a pilot and his bones are on different layers, so his shoulder rotates a certain way, now i moved the body and now the rotation of his shoulder doesn't rotate at the right angle, I would like to see/know how to rotate the axis so I can now rotate his shoulder in the right direction. If you can do a video of that I for one, would LOVE it: [email protected]
    cbreton49

Quote Originally Posted by cbreton49 View Post
    I would like to see how to move a rotation axis once in layout to another angle. I have a pilot and his bones are on different layers, so his shoulder rotates a certain way, now i moved the body and now the rotation of his shoulder doesn't rotate at the right angle, I would like to see/know how to rotate the axis so I can now rotate his shoulder in the right direction. If you can do a video of that I for one, would LOVE it: [email protected]
    cbreton49
    Does changing the rotation axis help? Hard to visualize your problem without seeing it.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

Quote Originally Posted by ernpchan View Post
    Does changing the rotation axis help? Hard to visualize your problem without seeing it.
    yes changing the rotation axis would help lots, i don't know how to change it in layout!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2014-05-13 at 12.50.09 PM.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	121886

yes changing the rotation axis would help lots, i don't know how to change it in layout!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2014-05-13 at 12.50.09 PM.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	121886
    Under the Modify tab there should be a pulldown for 'Coord System'.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

Under the Modify tab there should be a pulldown for 'Coord System'.
    wow, that does help a lot! thank you so much!! I just played with it and it makes a big difference and I can keep changing it to make the arm do what I need to do!! Again thank you very much!!

wow, that does help a lot! thank you so much!! I just played with it and it makes a big difference and I can keep changing it to make the arm do what I need to do!! Again thank you very much!!
    here is an image of the corrections i did to the elbow which makes more sense using the coord systems and smoothed things out a bit, more work and I will have it dialed in, and thanks again...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2014-05-13 at 3.43.35 PM.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	200.2 KB 
ID:	121888

Glad I could help.

Without knowing what your rig looks like, it's hard to diagnose why you have odd rotation axis. My guess is it's how your skeleton is setup. If you had buffer bones or made sure your joints were along their proper axis then you wouldn't run into odd situations like this.

Watching RebelHill's videos about rotations and coordinate systems is a good watch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BeDUqjD1Oc
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

Glad I could help.

Without knowing what your rig looks like, it's hard to diagnose why you have odd rotation axis. My guess is it's how your skeleton is setup. If you had buffer bones or made sure your joints were along their proper axis then you wouldn't run into odd situations like this.

Watching RebelHill's videos about rotations and coordinate systems is a good watch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BeDUqjD1Oc
    Thank you I will watch that now, and yes, my bone structure may not be perfect and I will watch that when setting them up in the future. Thank you!!

how about a realistic lighting technique that's easy to follow

Hi:
    First of all, I thank HR.GIGER for his wonderful free tutorials.
    I haven't check them out yet, but looking forward to see
    the complete dolphin series (I love dolphins, I would really love these tutorials).
    My request is : I have a great desktop images vhs video, advanced explosion techniques
    by Emile Edwin Smith, I really love this video. I would like to see a similar tutorial
    online on how to make a complete explosion. Like as the video shows.
    Thank you !!!
    -Mobilis In Mobile-

How about some TurbulenceFD stuff? There's a lack of a complete roadmap, from tracking to planning/designing the sim to render to comp, make it really 'sit in there'. That's something I struggled with a lot before, and still do from time to time.
    Don't get me wrong. Kat is doing a great job. I don't think there's any harm in getting another perspective on things.

TFD is a beast of a plugin. More videos certainly won't hurt anyone.
    3D Generalist
    Threadripper 2920x, 128GB, RTX 2080 Ti, Windows 10

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast