Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Re: CINEMA 4D

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    No, there's a native plugin that comes with LW11.5 and up. No purchase necessary.

However, Liberty3D's offering is supposed to have some advantages over the native solution.

I'm not familiar with c4d, only c4d-Lite with AE-CC, so I can't comment on the differences.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Dear jeric_synergy.

Thanks. I do have the Current version of LW 11.6.1. Also, I have the A/E CC that comes with C4D Lite.
    Dose C4D Lite is enough for normal Motion Graphic Animation works. Because the other version's of C4D's are so expensive. $$$$$$$

Where is this plug in inside the LW 11.6 ?

In Layout click on the 'IO' tab at the top and down the side list along with GoZ and some of the other exporters you will see 'LWtoAE'. I've never used it but there is a tutorial on it on the Learning section of the LW website. I use AELink to move stuff into AE and I find it is excellent, as advertised. One nice thing is that you can create a null in Layout, and then in the Null properties you can designate the Null shape, meaning you can make it into a AE solid with exact dimensions, when this scene is transported to AE there is your solid, everything matches perfectly.

And for going the other way, AE to LW I use this free plugin AE3D_Export

It creates a LW scene from your After Effect project, but you might think nothing has happened or it's not working, but you will find that the scene is sitting somewhere on your desktop.

I don't know how good the native LW solution is because I never used it, but I assume it is just one way also.

Dear djwaterman.
    I found It . I am playing with It I will let you know..
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by simonlion; 12-24-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    The LW plugin is also covered in the 11.5 and 11.6 PDF addendums. (I feel text is faster to reference.)

More than likely there's YouTube tutorials, but there's a link to the LW3DG video above.

The native Sent to AE solution works pretty well, I think. There's a button to send a selected item to AE, and a separate plugin that you add to AE to send items to LW.

AE Link has more features, perhaps the most useful being that it can send more than one item at a time, so if you're working on something with lots of movements and you're flying a camera around and have a dozen animated tv screens or cards you want to go to AE, you'll be able to get it done with one click with AE Link whereas you'll have to select/export each individual item and click LW to AE with the native solution.

Also, The native solution exports lights, nulls, and cameras. AE Link exports those as well as the position/rotation of objects as well.

As mentioned earlier, with AE Link you can "Add Custom Object" to your nulls and objects to have AE make solids of a specific size/color, or even make a text object with placeholder text.

AE Link does not (yet) have a component for moving motion data from AE to LW, but that base is now covered by the native tools (as well as some other 3rd party tools for AE).

I haven't tested either solution with AE CC
    [mr] Dana W. Burman | http://dwburman.com
    Motion Graphics for sale at Pond5 Stock Footage
    Check out my tutorials at Liberty3d.com & my YouTube channel!

Quote Originally Posted by simonlion View Post
    Dear jeric_synergy.

Thanks. I do have the Current version of LW 11.6.1. Also, I have the A/E CC that comes with C4D Lite.
    Dose C4D Lite is enough for normal Motion Graphic Animation works. Because the other version's of C4D's are so expensive. $$$$$$$

Where is this plug in inside the LW 11.6 ?

C4D Lite has various Presets (Content Browser) for some Animation moves, Camera Moves, and Info Graphics. Will get you going pretty well, but will not have the power of MoGraph which is in most other versions. You would at least need C4D Broadcast Version. It costs about the same as Lightwave (new pricing @ $1500). Maxon had a upgrade deal going on where you could upgrade from the delivered C4D Lite for 40% off the other versions of C4D.

If you are wanting to plop out Motion Graphics and are putting out the same $1500 for either one, it is a No Brainer!

Your competitors will be putting you out of business quickly, unless you are a real master at Lightwave and the DP Plugsins and are heavily routined.

Just my 2 ( euro) cents!

i guess one can forget about C4D Lite as it only renders out 800x600... (!)
    http://www.maxon.net/it/products/gen...omparison.html

Broadcast looks alright, but basically has no dynamics... :\
    also no hair sim...
    Last edited by erikals; 12-30-2013 at 07:47 AM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

NO. . . . C4D Lite has no limitations on size when used within (launched from within) the After Effects Bundle!

The limitation you note, only applies to it when used Standalone outside of the Adobe Bundle.

Broadcast is right if we are talking about Broadcast Graphics like I thought we were. Standard Dynamics are included as well as Rigid Body Dynamics for all of your MoGraph Objects. With Expresso, you have a Node Based System within most all of the C4D packages which is pretty much like a Lite version of ICE. Hair and Cloth not really needed for Broadcast Graphics, at least in my eyes.

If one really needs heavy dynamics and fluids, then would suggest X-Particles 2.5, which is one heavy hitter!

O

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    i guess one can forget about C4D Lite as it only renders out 800x600... (!)
    http://www.maxon.net/it/products/gen...omparison.html

Broadcast looks alright, but basically has no dynamics... :\
    also no hair sim...
    Last edited by jburford; 12-30-2013 at 08:16 AM.

C4D Lite + After Effects... nice, but costs.

i'd rather go LightWave ($1500) + HitFilm ($300)
    also upgrades are much cheaper in these...

Have been thinking about HitFilm lately as do not like the forced hand of Adobe in regards to owning and leasing forever.

He already has the Cloud, so the C4D is free.

Unfortunately I only have an older version of Adobe CS 4, but can say that after picking up C4D, even only though Prime, have only started up Lightwave about 10 times in the past 18 months compared to daily before. (and have been with LW since 2.0/3.0)

Since he already has LW 11.6, he could drop the cloud and pick up HitFilm. But still . . . . when talking MoGraphics, would still say C4D Broadcast. But each person's mileage will vary.

Cheers

wonder, how do you find modeling in C4D compared to LightWave?

i really like the new C4D edge (rounder) tool, looks awesome.

interestingly, I feel pretty comfortable modeling in C4D now, though found myself going about it different ways. An E-book really helped me get moving early feeling comfortable in C4D. Have found a love for a non-destructive way of working through most of the project, just committing as needed; and working with the deformation modifiers when modelling. Yes, there are pretty decent tools to work with, especially splines and importing of AI files and such (Artsmart).

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    jburford, which ebook?

I mysefl would like to try migrating some objects from C4DL to LW.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast