Thread: Pegboard

Pegboard

Hello. I am trying to create a pegboard like the attached but it is crashing my Modeler when I try to perform a Boolean. Is there an easier way to do this, or would anyone have this low file they might be able to send?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-12-02 at 3.55.20 PM.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	118484

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    If you're trying to make a "box" and boolean into that, Id suggest first trying instead to just cut into a single flat poly, and then extrude that out after.

Alternatively, it may well be the large number of intersections thats sending it a bit mad... try instead to make a lil 2X2 square, then use the array tool to multiply it and stitch them together to form the whole board.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

You can texture it if it's just a single poly or model one hole and than make an array.

Subdivide your box a couple of times before attempting the boolean. Or maybe just use Julienne with several cuts. Or knife it a couple of times before attemping the boolean. You get the picture. You won't get any crashing and the boolean will perform a whole lot faster.

Thanks all. I got it to work by shutting down, and only running Modeler. I imported an eps of the pegboard, extruded and it worked!