Thread: Publish Queue Unlisted youTube & wierd DDR playback

Publish Queue Unlisted youTube & wierd DDR playback

Two questions:

1) Is there anyway to configure the publish queue for youTube to upload as Unlisted? Even if I set the default as unlisted from within youTube it seems to override it and make it public immediately?
    2) When I record something, then click add to DDR1, if I play back the file back to program or preview from DDR1, the green channel is just.... missing. Ideas?

Ta
    T

I was going to say channel settings, but I noticed you said you already tried that... so I wouldn't know what else would affect the "defaults" in that way.

as for #2, I'm not sure what you're referring to. You mean livestreaming on YouTube?
    Professional-level 3d training: Ryan's Lightwave Learning
    Plugin Developer: RR Tools for Lightwave

RE: 2 - specifically, if I record the program out, i.e by pressing record with the 'add to DDR' option enabled (this is on a 460 BTW), the resultant file which ends up in the DDR doesn't appear to have a green channel. It's most odd. The file itself if fine if exported/added to youTube, but if I try and use it in the same session, it does this.

NewTek Engineering QA VideoEng QA's Avatar
    Thanks for taking the time to post the issues you are having!

Regarding the first, it is true that we create clips that currently do not regard public/private settings for the YouTube account or channel. We've brought this to the attention of our engineers for consideration as a feature request.
    On the second item, it sounds like you may have LiveMatte or possibly the procamp enabled here. LiveMatte being enabled by default is set to key green and would quickly explain the apparent lack of green on output but not in the recorded file. Can you check to see whether this may be the case?

Thanks,
    Jeremy Brosius
    NewTek Engineering QA
    For bug reports, feature requests, or technical inquiries: https://fogbugz.newtek.com/default.asp?pg=pgPublicEdit

Quote Originally Posted by VideoEng QA View Post
    Regarding the first, it is true that we create clips that currently do not regard public/private settings for the YouTube account or channel. We've brought this to the attention of our engineers for consideration as a feature request.
    Great, many thanks - would be most useful. Often encodes take 6 - 10 hours, so I like to leave it going overnight, then check it the next day before making it public!

Quote Originally Posted by VideoEng QA View Post
    On the second item, it sounds like you may have LiveMatte or possibly the procamp enabled here. LiveMatte being enabled by default is set to key green and would quickly explain the apparent lack of green on output but not in the recorded file. Can you check to see whether this may be the case?
    !Doh. That's blatantly it. I was mucking around with something the other day, and almost definitely checked that box. Not in front of the Tricaster at the mo, but yep, that's going to be it.
    Thanks!