Thread: DDR1 and 2 freezing on last frame or video freezing mid roll audio continues

DDR1 and 2 freezing on last frame or video freezing mid roll audio continues

Well this is proving embarrassing, Having sung the praises of Newtek and the Tricaster to a potential client and national broadcast company only for it to fail in fount of them on a live stream programme. The 850 due for a possible upgrade to a 855 has the following problems DDRs sometimes locks up on last frame of a file playout. During a live programme today DDR2 video froze however sound continued.

Files being played out were H.264
    Latest rev of software
    Recording and streaming
    Streaming profile is three streams.

However I have seen this problem when not streaming.

Also my 850 was one of the very latest ones prior to the 855 been standard. At the time we had to wait for it because of the spec. I know I can upgrade but what's the big hardware difference between the 850 to 860. New graphics card more memory? Lift and shift 18k ish. What is the hardware spec of these machines.

I'm still a huge supporter of Newtek but I carried the red face of embarrassment for the brand tonight. As the left they chuckled "our little Blackmagic system doesn't lets us down"
    Tricaster 860 AE3
    Cameras EX1s and EX3's
    Old Toaster VT5

So no thoughts then...... Is anybody else seeing this problem has anyone got a solution or suggestion. When I mean anybody I was thinking of Newtek.
    Tricaster 860 AE3
    Cameras EX1s and EX3's
    Old Toaster VT5

Have you tried using files other than H.264 to see if the issues happens with other codec/formats?

If that works, where are these H.264 files coming from?
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox161255 View Post
    Files being played out were H.264
    A quick look through bug cases doesn't reveal any known issue that would explain this, sorry. If you can repeat it, it would be great to submit a clip of the type that seems implicated with a bug report.

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox161255 View Post
    When I mean anybody I was thinking of Newtek.
    It's perhaps worth mentioning again (for the benefit of all here, not just in the current context), that these forums - while a great resource - do not comprise a NewTek Customer Support channel. While some staff do visit, and participate, generally that's an expression of their personal interest and involvement in the community, not part of their job. The forums are really about users sharing information with the community, and benefiting from that pool of knowledge and contacts. It can be quite valuable to be able to reach out to the community and say "Has anyone else seen something like this" ... but it's not really a reliable way to contact support.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I feel your pain Silverfox, having run into DDR playback issues on one job recently (mp4 files in my case). Several files stopped mid-stream and actually threw a DDR system error up onto the screen. The answer for me was to re-import the errant files and select the "Transcode" checkbox during the import process. Problem solved in my case. Now, I never import without selecting Transcode. So far, so good.