Thread: Live Text 2.1 in a Windows 8 laptop not working

Live Text 2.1 in a Windows 8 laptop not working

Hello again. My laptop's full window comes on through the network connection when I turn on either the 2010 iVGA or iVGA Pro I just installed.

The full desktop window comes into the Network connection using a hub or a crossover cable into the 855 and 450. The full Live Text 2.1 interface comes into the network connection too. I need just the titles sent Live from Live Text 2.1 to go over live video.

The Windows Vista laptop shows just the Live Text 2 titles on both Tricasters perfectly. What can I try to get the Windows 8 laptop's Live Text 2.1 to work properly?
    Roads?...Where we're going you don't need roads!

Have you tried updating to LiveText 2.52? Its a free update, I would start with that to see if it helps. http://new.tk/dl
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by jimhouston View Post
    Hello again. My laptop's full window comes on through the network connection when I turn on either the 2010 iVGA or iVGA Pro I just installed.
    I confess to being confused by this query. Is it clear that sending LiveText title pages to your TriCaster has nothing to do with either iVGA or iVGA Pro? Both of the latter are certainly capable of sending your entire Windows desktop to TriCaster (tho 'Pro' has other source options too) - but neither would normally be run on a system that is in use as a LiveText workstation - at least not at the same time as LiveText is in use. LiveText sends title pages to TriCaster's Net inputs using its own connection.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Hi Guys

I thought I did not need iVGA on but it was the only way to get anything into the tricaster network input from the laptop.

I upgraded to LT 2.52 and went deeper into the Windows 8 firewall security and live text was a blocked application. I clicked allow Live Text and it works now.

It works on my 455 extreme using a crossover cable and on my 855 through a cat 5 hub.

I think I am on a public network but it is working now so I am happy.

Thanks guys
    Roads?...Where we're going you don't need roads!

Thanks for the update, glad you got it worked out!
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")