Thread: LW 11.6 Instance Nodes bug

LW 11.6 Instance Nodes bug

Hi,
    Looks like new LW 11.6 has a critical bug with Instance Generator nodes.
    Connecting anything (textures, constants etc.) to Weight, Time Scale and Time Offset inputs causes LW 11.6 to crash.

Could anyone confirm that, please? I'd like to make sure it is not my setup problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inst_nodes.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	118008  

Thanks for the report, this was discovered too late for 11.6, but should be fixed for the next maintenance release.
    LightWave3D training, assets, news and discussion at www.liberty3d.com
    My opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions of any other entity, Liberty3D is not officially endorsed by NewTek.

jup, can confirm, thatīs not good, hope it will be fixed soon.

thanks james for the info.
    My Portfolio - http://alexs3d.blogspot.com - Now with Photography

Quote Originally Posted by jameswillmott View Post
    should be fixed for the next maintenance release.
    Oooooooooooh...now that's music to my ears

Quote Originally Posted by jameswillmott View Post
    Thanks for the report, this was discovered too late for 11.6, but should be fixed for the next maintenance release.
    James, can you confirm whether there will actually be another maintenance release in the LW11 development cycle (for this and some of the other nastier issues in 11.6)?
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2018.0.7 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Looks like that's what he already did. A maintenance release isn't a version release; it's within the version or it'd be an upgrade. So, "should be fixed for the next maintenance release" pretty much says it all.
    Blown Glass · Carbon Fiber + Imagination

Spherical Magic | We Build Cool Stuff!

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

any news on this bug fix??? this is killing me. Kinda need to put things into that node!!!. kinda breaks the entire instancing system. lol.
    Where I work www.provismedia.com

Personal Site. www.stewart3d.com

It's been reported a few times, it *has* been fixed and will be in the next maintenance release, which has been planned and is currently having bug-fixes added to it, I can't say when that will be released for beta though.
    My opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions of any other entity, Liberty3D is not officially endorsed by NewTek.

Festina Lente
    Funny, Layout just crashed on me for that exact reason. I returned to a tab showing a Discussion search I did earlier today, and here's this link staring at me.

I've been trying everything I could think of to get a very simple FK object to offset, and nothing worked. The Flocked & Instanced flapping object is made up of 2 rectangular boxes and 2 bones. One bone bends on the Pitch, 10 frames into bend, 10 frames back to flat, repeat; that's it. I tried every possible permutation of Time Scale and Time Offset on the Instance Generator, and other Flocking and Instancing controls too, but the 27-object flock continued to flap in synch. I thought I'd see if Nodes might work and got the crash.

MDD files offset fine, but of course those objects have to be cloned. I haven't been able to get an object like this one to offset, be it FK or IK.

Should I send this scene to NewTek?

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by greg.reyna View Post
    I've been trying everything I could think of to get a very simple FK object to offset, and nothing worked. T
    You have to copy your object and manually offset the animation a few times, then add each copy to your instance generator, no way to automate the offset at the moment.

Festina Lente
    Thanks James, I thought I was misunderstanding the controls somehow.