Thread: DP Instance shaders in Modeler 11.5 x64

DP Instance shaders in Modeler 11.5 x64

(Going to try on 11.6 later, haven't upgraded on this machine yet)

Currently, I am seeing that I cannot add DP instance info or distribution nodes to a surface in Modeler, and when I add them in Layout they are removed with a "DP_Instancer_Info failed to start" error when I edit the model afterwards.

For now, I am saving and loading the surface to a preset in Layout before each edit.

I can't reproduce this issue, probably a problem of installation
    or config,

btw, Distribution node is not for surfacing.

Denis.

Oh, I know, but I figured I'd mention it anyway since it IS possible to add that node to a surface in Layout(and Modeler removes it).

Anyway, I tried the 32 bit, and it is working normally on 11.5 and 11.6 x32, but not on x64 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ASCIISkull View Post
    Oh, I know, but I figured I'd mention it anyway since it IS possible to add that node to a surface in Layout(and Modeler removes it)...
    Distribution node isn't compatible in Modeler Surface for me too,
    but as I said useless.

...Anyway, I tried the 32 bit, and it is working normally on 11.5 and 11.6 x32, but not on x64 for me.
    I tested also the x64 version, no problem with the Instance Info node
    added in Modeler, loaded in Layout, the node is still present in the surface.

Denis.

Hey Denis-- I got the same thing too. In layout, I add the DP INSTANCER (instance info) node to my setup (not DP INSTANCE instance info) and save the object. In the dropdown for your nodes in node editor, "instance info" node appears twice but they are DIFFERENT. One appears under "Instance Generator", the other under "instances"Click image for larger version. 

Name:	INSTANCESexample.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	118863. When I open the object in Modeler it gives me the warning "DP INSTANCER FAILED TO START" or something to that effect, and deletes THAT node, requiring that I add it again in layout when I use that object again. Any work around?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by mijaba; 12-23-2013 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mijaba View Post
    ...When I open the object in Modeler it gives me the warning "DP INSTANCER FAILED TO START" or something to that effect, and deletes THAT node, requiring that I add it again in layout when I use that object again. Any work around?...
    This has been fixed in the version 1.12 of DP Instancer (Windows versions)

Denis.

YOU are a gentleman and a scholar, Denis! Thank you!