Thread: WILL SE2.5 play files from SONY NX30

WILL SE2.5 play files from SONY NX30

and anyone got one?

Thanks

I have a Sony EA50 camcorder that is very similar to the NEX-30. I've had no trouble playing its files in SE.

Blog Entries
    If they don't play, convert them to a SpeedHQ file.

Thanks, I know I can not play a panasonic format and thinking of buying a sony nx30, just didnt want to have to convert using a third party software first!

thanks

My Sony NEXCAM EA50 camcorder outputs H.264 AVCHD clips that load into and can be manipulated in SE as is - no transcoding or other manipulation required.

Hi dweinkauf
    I have a similar question as Mediakitchen. In my case I am considering a Sony FS700. You say you have no issues with your NEXCAM EA50 AVCHD format clips in SE is it SE2.0 that your are using? This sounds like SE can handle the AVCHD format without problems?? Do the clips run smoothly on the timeline? This may depend on your computer CPU. What CPU is in your computer?

John,

About the time your note was posted, a friend of mine was completing the construction of my upgraded editing/animation workstation. At this point only windows 7 is installed. Tomorrow or Wednesday, we'll start to install the rest of the software. I will be taking my copy of SE off my laptop and installing it on this upgraded workstation. On my laptop, I had no problems running AVCHD on the computer in SE - the clips ran smoothly on the timeline. My laptop is a quad core 2.00GHZ with 6gb ram. The upgraded workstation is a six core i7 CPU 3.4GHZ with 32GB ram in a wonderful case over fifteen years old. Enjoy the FS700 - I hear it's a great camera.

Dave

Hi Dave

Thanks for the quick reply. That is very helpful information. So you are running SE 1.5 in Windows 7 64 bit on your laptop. Newtek support warned me that SE 1.5 would not run in Windows 7.

Well, 1.5 runs just fine on my laptop with windows 7 64 bit. We'll see what happens when we try to run it on the updated workstation.

John,

The rebuild of my computer workstation is complete. After my good friend (and tenant) rebuilt the system and installed system (Windows 7 and Ubuntu) and component software in less than four hours, I installed both SE 1.5 and SE 2.6. It then took NewTek less than five minutes to transfer the licenses from my laptop to the updated workstation and both versions of SE were up and running. My 1920x1080 AVCHD files run flawlessly on the timeline in either version of the SE software. I should mention that I only installed SE 1.5 to answer your question about whether it could run on Windows 7. Since the answer to that question is an obvious "yes" I'll probably uninstall it. It's wonderful getting used to taking more time to blink than to load a program or do something with software. After my new 21:9 monitor arrives on Monday, my friend will be back to do some final tweaking to speed up the system even more and do a full backup. The updated workstation is awesome considering that it was rebuilt for less then $1,500 (less than $2,000 with the new monitor) using a 15 year old case and components and adding the following new components:

ASRock X79 motherboard
    Intel i7 six core 3.4GHZ processor
    Corsair water cooling system
    250 GB SSD system drive
    32 GB ram
    GeForce GTX 780 video card with 6GB ram
    ON ORDER: Dell U2913WM widescreen monitor