Thread: Render farms

Render farms

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced render farm? I tried Gargefarm.com but there was an insurmountable language barrier. I need someone that speaks English or will reply to and communicate by email.

I thought they were based in the US? I've not had a chance to try them yet.
    Having looked at their website, it mentions US, UK and Korea. But the address is a UK one. So is it a US/UK language barrier? Or Korean/US language barrier? I'd hoped to use them for a job in the near future, so interested to hear.

I don't have any recommendations though, as I render everything in house.

I use GarageFarm for all my heavy rendering jobs and have not had any problems regarding communication. They prefer text over Skype rather than email, but that's no big deal IMHO, and their response time is fast - there's always someone there 24/7. Oh, and they are very reasonably priced as well.
    iemedia solutions:
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel
    Scavengers SciFi novel:
    Amazon UK
    Amazon USA

I am working out an average frame render time to calculate cost. A friend in the UK suggested communicating through Skype also. Not sure what the language barrier was, he was speaking English but I could only understand about every third or fourth word he said.

Hi,

I assume you called us and someone else than me picked up the phone. It is really hard for me both to get guys that speak great English or/and deal with all phone calls. The best way is to contact us via Skype chat, you can request the call back (Skype/phone) and we can discuss details of the job.

We do writing English skills test for all our prospective employees, so I am sure there will be no problem with chat communication. I am reviewing chat history regularly and I miscommunication is something that does not happen very often.

I am up for most of the time so 85% of phone calls shall get diverted to my cell. If you feel like giving us another shot, please email us or add us to Skype, that is much more real time. I will investigate what happened when you contacted us first time.
    Last edited by Soth; 10-14-2013 at 08:12 AM.
    Cheers
    Tomek
    GarageFarm.NET
    The Cheapest Render Farm - 10,000 cores and growing!

Thank you Soth, a friend in the UK suggested Skype also. I am working out the average frame render time on a 8,351 frame animation. Basically a fly through virtual tour of a manufacturing facility. As soon as I get that done I will Skype you.

Just to chip in - we've used Tomek at GarageFarm a fair few times now and he's been great. Nothing's ever too much trouble.

Dunk
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

Another vote for Garagefarm here!

The team are very helpful especially Tomek as it is of course his business. Not like another renderfarm I had to use not so long ago and the Md was handling support and was rather arsey.
    BRACE MEDIA
    Ensuring every picture tells your story.

New Brace Media website

Yes, Garagefarm has my vote as well. I've never had any luck with another farm with an automatic system, even when I had no 3rd party plugins. The automatic system forgot to copy across the objects!

No language issues with Garagefarm, but I have always used Skype texting

I have used Respower in the past. I was always able to reach a person on the phone (who speaks english) when I needed it. I think they are in Texas.