Thread: Multishift issue?

Pyshco 3d Artist - IT

Multishift issue?

Just upgraded to 11.5.1 and was doing some basic modeling when I noticed that Mutlishift picked up a strange new behavior. While working on a single poly in a new layer, mutlishift procedes to aply the shift to all background layers from where the orginal object was. i.e I copied a potion of another opbject in the model so I could keep the same contour to make the two objects look like they are mated together.

If I apply the mutlhsift to the new object, the feature applies the shift to the old object in the background. Even when it is not visible. See screenshot. Is this something new and can I turn it off? Its making me backtrack through the model to fix the errant shifts. Making it take longer to finish said model.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Multishift issue.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	311.3 KB 
ID:	117526  
    When you have done it right, poeple are unsure that you have done anything at all.

Hi,
    I don't have an answer regarding 11.5.1 but there is a Pre-11.6 available. Your problem could have been fixed in that release.

Yep, upgrade to 11.6, as they fixed this bug.

Pyshco 3d Artist - IT
    Well I would get the 11.6 upgrade, but the Newtek website is only showing me the 11.5 upgrade option. May be missing something here.
    When you have done it right, poeple are unsure that you have done anything at all.

Stuck in a very big cube Waves of light's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jutland View Post
    Well I would get the 11.6 upgrade, but the Newtek website is only showing me the 11.5 upgrade option. May be missing something here.
    If you login to your Lightwave3d.com account you should see it at the top of the registered products page.

Systen Spec: i7 4930k (OC @4.5ghz),ASUS p9x79 MB, 32GB Ballistix RAM, H60 cooling, Samsung SSD 120GB, WD 1TB

I too started having this same problem. Good to know that it's a known bug

I too started having this same problem. Good to know that it's a known bug

I ran into this also. It really screwed up a model I was working on since I didn't realize what was happening at the time.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/