Thread: CCP Custom Control Pad - Remote Control LW from touch device

Newbie Member

CCP Custom Control Pad - Remote Control LW from touch device

Hi All !
    First a fast description of my relationship with Lightwave :
    I use lightwave mainly for mobile game graphics, and have been using it since version 5 (actually played with amiga version when i was a kid). Never posted anything on the forum , and have been lurking for many years....
    This said, i'm posting to introduce an application we have been developing which improves a lot Lightwave workflow:
    CCP Custom Control Pad is an application for mobile devices (iOs at the moment but Android and Windows Phone will be supported very soon), which allows you to setup and share "Layouts" of buttons and graphics to control an application on your PC. Buttons se up on the mobile device can communicate keyboard shortcuts to the PC. Application is beta at the moment, but very very near release.

We are going to include a pre-made layout for Lightwave ( as well as many other applications and games), this is the "Lightwave modeller" layout :

The screenshot if from an iPad Mini, all of the buttons will trigger the correct function in Lightwave. Each button is completely editable (can be changed, removed, cloned etc). Layouts can be made for any application or game that uses keyboard / midi / or joystick inputs.

Graphics are completely customizable, app will ship with 5 skins, but users can create new ones changing every single graphic element displayed.
    Also, users can submit their layouts to a central server so to share them. In a ideal situation you should be able to download a layout for the application you use.

We started working on this application because I couldn't stand keyboard shortcuts anymore, we use many different professional softwares and remembering shortcuts was always a problem.... Plus it makes it easier to learn the software.

I'm here to ask for suggestions of what you would like to see in the "default" lightwave layout.
    Also, we are releasing a SDK to allow an application or game to send data back to the app running on mobile device, so a person proficent with lightwave plugins could easily make one to send infos to be displayed on the iPad screen (total vertices / tris , map names ... ).

can read more about CCP here : http://www.frozenpepper.it/ccp-custom-control-pad/

Let us know what you think, and mostly if we are missing some important keys.

Thanks for your time !
    Last edited by FrozenPepper; 10-07-2013 at 10:29 AM.

NICE..
    How about Layers panel; Numeric panel; Statistics panel.
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.13 RX580 Pulse LW2019

Newbie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Markc View Post
    NICE..
    How about Layers panel; Numeric panel; Statistics panel.
    Thanks ! Wow, big omission on my side (unfortunately my work is always less 3D related so i'm getting rusty with LW...).
    Will include all 3 in the default modeller layout.

Also, while i have decent relationship with the Modeler, i haven't used the Layout in ages.... so all suggestions for an eventual layout for that are very welcomed !

One thing i feel to underline is that you will be able to create new layouts with just the controls you care for, make different ones according to the work you are doing (Example a layout specific for animations etc...).

are sliders possible?

I'm a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet user. Would be great if you could have this developed for Android users too.

Newbie Member
    Here is new version of modeller layout, it's FULL of buttons, but there should be all main default shortcuts.

You will be able to delete un-needed functions, re-arrange, share etc...

littlewaves
    are sliders possible?
    At the moment, sort of.... In version 1.0 of the application we have sliders which send input to the PC as if they where joystick axis. We are also testing 1.1 update which will bring Midi input / output, so sliders can control midi channels. Another way is trough the SDK we are going to provide, a plug in for lightwave can be made to connect a slider on the touch device not using joystick or midi. (Actually if any plug in makers are interested we can share a beta version).

JamesCurtis
    I'm a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet user. Would be great if you could have this developed for Android users too.
    We will release first for iOS (very very soon), Android will follow soon after. We definetely want to support Android too (and thinkering with Windows phone too.)

Great thanks for the feedback, keep it coming !
    Last edited by FrozenPepper; 10-09-2013 at 10:07 AM.

Android... When?
    Will Silver
    Animator
    digital TRiP
    "Frak'em all! I USE LIGHTWAVE!"

I vote for Windows Phone.

Newbie Member
    Great thanks for the feedback, Android version is definitely in our plans, but can't share any precise info at the moment. (windows phone too).

I'm very happy to say that CCP Custom Control Pad will be available on the AppStore starting wednesday 27th of November, and for the first few days it will have a special price of 0.99$.

We made a trailer for it :

Great thanks for all feedback !

Cool, there is more to wait for the other versions.