Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Version 2.6 is this a new build?

Version 2.6 is this a new build?

I noticed in my Newtek downloads that a 2.6 version of SE is posted- It does not show a release date but it seems to be a different build number number than the 2.5.1 version I had installed.

If this is new, what changes were made to this version- The release list notes are still the original 2.5 changes

I'm pretty sure version 2.6 is for Tricaster users only.

No, there are two versions, one for the Tricaster and one for the standalone--I already installed and it works. It seems like it is a bit more responsive than the last version

The only 2.6 version I found was on the download page was for the Tricaster. Where did you find the standalone?

There is a standalone version lower on the page under SpeedEdit.

http://new.tk/dl

SpeedEdit update 2.6 Notes:

This update delivers improved performance, file support and workflow advantages that include:
    •Improved H.264 and MPEG-2 performance and support
    •Corrected an issue where audio would sometimes fail to playback when playing QuickTime video files with 24bit audio.
    •Workspace and timeline enhancements
    •Improved memory handling
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

This is where I saw it on the DL page---
    http://imgur.com/1w5O21i

- - - Updated - - -

Kane when was this build released?

What kind of enhancements?

Will this version be available for the TCXD300?

Notice: I think that you need to uninstall 2.5 first before installing this version. I had installed it over 2.5 and I had an issue loading projects--The project loading would crash SE immediately.
    I uninstalled then installed and that fixed the problem

Are you certain this is a standalone update? If you go to the page you mentioned, there is this sentence at the top of the download page.... "The software downloads, below, are provided for use by TriCaster and 3Play owners only. "

Quote Originally Posted by Richvideo View Post
    What kind of enhancements?
    You know 'enhancements!' It's more better!

I really don't know.
    Last edited by kanep; 10-04-2013 at 08:31 AM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by dweinkauf View Post
    Are you certain this is a standalone update? If you go to the page you mentioned, there is this sentence at the top of the download page.... "The software downloads, below, are provided for use by TriCaster and 3Play owners only. "
    The download under the main SpeedEdit category is the standalone version. This version will need a licensed version of SpeedEdit to operate.

The SpeedEdit under the TriCaster systems is the Add-On version that will only install on a TriCaster, no license is required, but it will not install unless a correct model TriCaster software is already installed on the system.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by SantiagoVa View Post
    Will this version be available for the TCXD300?
    TriCaster 300, 450, 850 systems had the 'session-level' intergraded SpeedEdit. So you can't install the Add-On version on these models. This is one of the reasons that SpeedEdit was removed from the TriCaster sessions. The Add-On method allows SpeedEdit and the TriCaster to be upgraded independently of each other.

I really don't know if the next update to TriCaster 300, 450, 850 will include this or not, but if it is going to be updated, it would happen with a TriCaster update on these models.
    Last edited by kanep; 10-04-2013 at 08:30 AM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I am currently running SE 2.1 as I had to reload the program because of a glitch with 2.5. Can I simply run the 2.6 installer to update 2.1 to 2.6??
    If it's taking you longer than an hour to watch 60 minutes...you need help

Just Tryin' To Help...
    Tried installing SE 2.6 on top of v2.5 on my desktop edit system, no error messages. When trying to start 2.6 I got the following error message: "SpeedEDIT.exe - Application failed to start because d3dx9_43.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem." Reinstalling 2.6 did not fix it.

Then uninstalled v2.5/2.6, rebooted, reinstalled v2.6 and still get the same error message. Pulled out the laptop with a second seat of SE 2.5 on it and did a search for d3dx9_43.dll, not found anywhere on that computer either; apparently it's new in v2.6", or I got a bad download, or ...?

Any suggestions before I reinstall v2.5? Anyone happen to have that .dll on their SE system that they could send me?
    SB Enterprises, Quincy, Illinois ~ in the backwoods of the US of A

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast