Thread: Soon... A TC460

Soon... A TC460

Good day all,
    This is my first foray into this area of the forums with a need.
    Seems we will end up with a TC-460 - Yay! - and I would just like a bit of info that you guys might share with me as to how best to get up to speed.

I will be printing the manual, and having a read, to get up to speed.

Livetext and the scoreboard software will be our initial purchases, as well.

It will be in a school/training setting with live venues being those events one sees at schools so often. I believe a conference or two and a webinar may be in the plans as well.

I suppose one of my biggest questions is: with whom does one stream, particularly being an educational facility with precious few funds?
    Camera suggestions? Both field and studio.
    I appreciate any and all responses.
    Robert Wilson, MA Deaf Ed.
    Indiana Deaf School
    This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

Good day.
    So, A TC 460 falls our way next week.

The stream question becomes even more pertinent. All comments have been most appreciated. (That's right, I've gotten them.)
    An even more focused question: as a High School, are there any "free" outlets for our use? I have one that my a.d. sent me, however, backups are gold.

What an amazing piece of kit it reads. Can't wait to play.

Haha,
    This is me at home.

Hi Robert, didn't recognize your other id - welcome to the fold!
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Hey Steve,
    It will be nice to be back in the fold, especially with all the bells and whistles this thing has tied in with my class lab.
    Yeah, the other idea is me nowadays. Went back into education as it was much more interesting to me. I get to do what I was (vids, 3d, shows) so it's really a great moment for me.

Looking forward to the conversations and knowledge forthcoming.

I've no doubt you'll get good mileage out of it, Robert, and fully expect you to come up with some novel ideas too.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Technical Account Manager - Channel Support
    Welcome Robert! Glad to see you around again.
    Zane Condren
    Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Good day all,

I suppose one of my biggest questions is: with whom does one stream, particularly being an educational facility with precious few funds?
    There are free streaming services like UStream, LiveStream and others. You don't mention the grades that your school overs, but if it is through high school, you might want to take a look at 'High School Cube'. They are free to use, the advertising they will display is 'school friendly' which might be better than what you might see with other services. While their service is orientated at sports, you can stream all types of school activities.

http://www.highschoolcube.com/
    Last edited by kanep; 12-03-2013 at 03:47 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Zane,
    Thanks for the cheer! Indeed, been around, half paying attention. ha!

Kane,
    Most appreciated. I expect I will be working with at least one of them come Monday! Lots to learn and do. I do like the "all types of activities" aspect.