Thread: Crashes upon launch?

Lightbulb Crashes upon launch?

I've reloaded it twice, no change.
    "A Critical Error has Occured"

Any ideas?

Gateway Laptop w/Intel Graphics built in.
    4gig RAM.

Just upgraded to LW11.6 with the bundle.
    Took a bit but I got ZBrush GoZ working fine but now this doesn't even open?

Any help would be greatly appreciated (I know, I'm already anticipating a steep learning curve)
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
    - Thomas A. Edison

eek intel graphics. That sounds like the problem.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Hmm... I was told that when I ran into GoZ issues... Vue issues... and some mocap issues... never was it.
    Are you sure?
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
    - Thomas A. Edison

Since you're talking about crashes on launch and chronosculpt loads perfectly on my nvidia machine. . .I'm about 75% sure.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Quote Originally Posted by lwaddict View Post
    I've reloaded it twice, no change.
    "A Critical Error has Occured"

Any ideas?

Gateway Laptop w/Intel Graphics built in.
    4gig RAM.

Just upgraded to LW11.6 with the bundle.
    Took a bit but I got ZBrush GoZ working fine but now this doesn't even open?
    Is DEP set for essential Windows programs and services only or for all programs?
    Have you tried running it as Administrator?
    Blown Glass · Carbon Fiber + Imagination

Spherical Magic | We Build Cool Stuff!

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

Checking DEP now.
    - Thomas A. Edison

Yeah, already tried running as Administrator.
    Shut off DEP, no change.
    - Thomas A. Edison

DEP is on only for essential Windows programs and services.
    Should I change this?
    - Thomas A. Edison

If you do, other programs may have problems and you then have to add them to the exclusions list. I went round and round for a day trying to figure out why my SSH2 terminal app suddenly refused to start; the OS generating its normal less than actually informative error message that is impossible to search for a solution with. Tried all manner so stuff to debug. Nada. Getting away from it for a moment and pumping some blood from my legs into my brain by walking around, it struck me that while trying to get the MYST games to install on Win8, I had set DEP to "everything". Sure enough, I looked and DEP was as I had thought. Set it back to "only essential Windows programs" and away the terminal went! :|

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

If Chronosculpt fails when DEP is enabled (and I'd be shocked if that were the case), that's a bug that needs to be reported and fixed. No apps within the last decade or so have legitimate justifications for writing to memory pages marked as executable (which is what DEP catches, triggering an app-fatal exception).
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

True. The OP already has it set as it should be, so this is rules out as a cause.

Flipbook Productions Rollie Hudson's Avatar
    ChronoSculpt [705] version 1.0.0 for the Mac using Mavericks (OSX 10.9) - 30 October, 2013 pre-release is repeatedly crashing upon attempted launch. It immediately generates a "Chronosculpt quit unexpectedly" error message with problem details and system config info (Problem Report).

I can send the report as a PDF if needed. Also, I didn't see a BUG Thread for ChronoSculpt in the forums.
    Mac OS X
    MacPro Workstations

Flipbook Productions Rollie Hudson's Avatar
    The final release of Chronoscuplt 1.0 [4076] (31 October, 2013) is unfortunately also crashing upon attempted startup each time in OSX 10.9 (Mavericks). I've also tried to launch CS from the app icon directly inside the "bin" folder, with the same result.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Mac OS X
    MacPro Workstations

Quote Originally Posted by Rollie Hudson View Post
    The final release of Chronoscuplt 1.0 [4076] (31 October, 2013) is unfortunately also crashing upon attempted startup each time in OSX 10.9 (Mavericks). I've also tried to launch CS from the app icon directly inside the "bin" folder, with the same result.
    I was able to successfully install "ChronoSculpt" by erasing everything on my hard disk and using an old backup copy of mountain lion On my Mac time capsule. It was working fine from my (Mountain Lion) but once I upgrade everything back to (Maverick). The program Would not open.

I contacted NewTek to see if they can help me with this problem they said they'll have a new software for Maverick in the near future.

So you are dying to use the software; save all the software that you already have an Downgrade back to Mountain lion.