Thread: Can TriCaster send a multisource shot out AUX independent of PGM?

Can TriCaster send a multisource shot out AUX independent of PGM?

I don't own a TriCaster, but rent a TCXD455 from time to time to do multicam webcasts. I know my way around a TriCaster, but have never really used the video AUX out.

Do you know if a TCXD455 can send a switched feed to Ustream AND a layered multisource shot to AUX?

Assuming the setup is:
    - 4 camera inputs
    - PGM -> Switched feed to Ustream
    - AUX -> FX? Preview?

Is it possible to output a layered multicam to AUX, yet still be able to switch PGM independently?

My initial thought was to send preview to AUX, then have V1 be on the preview bus. In V1, I could set up the multisource shot. I'm ok with having no preview for this shoot.
    Is there a better way?
    Thanks,
    TC~

Desired AUX output:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Desired AUX Out.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	117148
    Last edited by tcconway; 09-18-2013 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Fixed title.

While you can do it the way you are describing (using Preview to send out a Virtual Input), this doesn't naturally fit the workflow of how the TriCaster operates.

The new TriCaster 410, 460, 860 and 8000 system can do what you are asking. You have the ability to send an M/E to the AUX output. In this configuration you can use preview/program as you normally work and then have another M/E on the AUX output that can be configured to display the output as a 'Mix' mode (like a switcher in a switcher) or 'Effect' mode (like how virtual inputs work).
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.