Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 214

Thread: Human Progress

  1. #196
    Super Member inkpen3d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    amersham, Buckinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    776
    Awe inspiring level of realism - you've obviously got a very keen eye for detail and a wicked sense of humour Chris - congratulations!
    iemedia solutions:
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel
    Scavengers SciFi novel:
    Amazon UK
    Amazon USA

  2. #197
    Thank you for such awesome and inspiring work!


    Luci e onde del belpaese - www.lwita.com

  3. #198
    Pleased to meet you. Oedo 808's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,558
    Quote Originally Posted by lino.grandi View Post
    I can't think about any word describing what I see....just awesome.
    Hopefully it'll be network-rendered-awesome in the not too distant future.
    Sentenced to 310 years for crimes against modelling and rendering.

  4. #199
    Senior Constrictor Netvudu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    928
    I´m positive as to Lightwave devs hearing talented people requests such as Chris. This guy is putting the software in the map big time.
    3d animation? Hah! Did you take a look through your window?there´s plenty of it...and pre-rendered!!

  5. #200
    Living over there... MAUROCOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sao Paulo Brazil
    Posts
    2,443
    Chris, your work was showed here in Brazil too in an importante site. The short article talks about the high level that the computer graphics reached.

    http://tvuol.uol.com.br/video/olha-o...1C3960C8915326
    Last edited by MAUROCOR; 11-09-2014 at 03:01 PM.
    Ground control to Major Tom

  6. #201
    LWMYLIFE
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Angola
    Posts
    16
    Belo render, bela animação, bela iluminação é realmente demais.

  7. #202
    I have seen this when it was all over the media, just never responded to this forum. Really great stuff Chris, I'm sure you are still working on the next amazing piece, or maybe you are working some on some high profile movie or something? Anyhoo, Amazing work, I hope you are getting to play a role with the development of LW 2016! Even as I view it today....Just WOW!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh, forgot to mention, I really like how this is in the WIP section....LOL...They look pretty final to me, and have great story telling!

  8. #203
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by GraphXs View Post
    I have seen this when it was all over the media, just never responded to this forum. Really great stuff Chris, I'm sure you are still working on the next amazing piece, or maybe you are working some on some high profile movie or something? Anyhoo, Amazing work, I hope you are getting to play a role with the development of LW 2016! Even as I view it today....Just WOW!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh, forgot to mention, I really like how this is in the WIP section....LOL...They look pretty final to me, and have great story telling!
    Not quite... the whole thing sort of ground to a halt after I couldn't produce acceptable looking hair, and I've been spending most of the rest of the time pursuing other interests (somewhat unsuccessfully) - so now I have nothing to show for the past 15 months! I intend to make up for it this year though, somehow... I hope...

    I appreciate the sentiments though.

    (c:

  9. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Jones View Post
    Not quite... the whole thing sort of ground to a halt after I couldn't produce acceptable looking hair, and I've been spending most of the rest of the time pursuing other interests (somewhat unsuccessfully) - so now I have nothing to show for the past 15 months! I intend to make up for it this year though, somehow... I hope...

    I appreciate the sentiments though.

    (c:
    Chris, speaking of hair, what do you think of them ditching the pixel filter and volumetric option to go with a ray traced primitive?

  10. #205
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    Chris, speaking of hair, what do you think of them ditching the pixel filter and volumetric option to go with a ray traced primitive?
    I'm not sure I understand how it differs from the way it currently works actually. Using Volume Type: Solid and ray traced shadows at 200% currently gives me the same results as geometry (except for the rendering bugs when the hair is at 1:1 scale), but my system can't handle 100,000 geo fibers.

    Will have to wait and see what this means exactly... is it something like instancing? If it makes it possible to texture fibers without losing self shadowing, and it can handle hundreds of thousands (or preferably millions) of hairs, then it will surely be an improvement.

  11. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Jones View Post
    I'm not sure I understand how it differs from the way it currently works actually. Using Volume Type: Solid and ray traced shadows at 200% currently gives me the same results as geometry (except for the rendering bugs when the hair is at 1:1 scale), but my system can't handle 100,000 geo fibers.

    Will have to wait and see what this means exactly... is it something like instancing? If it makes it possible to texture fibers without losing self shadowing, and it can handle hundreds of thousands (or preferably millions) of hairs, then it will surely be an improvement.
    Yeah not sure. Really curious about it myself. I know instead of scale it will have an actual thickness in millimeters so perhaps that will take care of the 1:1 bug. From what I understand, the geometry is calculated at rendertime and so the new bucket renderer may help in that regard.

    from the blog:

    'Pixel Filter and Volume Render have been abandoned in favor of a real Ray Traced Primitive with specified thickness in millimeters, perfectly integrated with the new PBR render and, of course, visible in VPR. Fibers can now be reflected/refracted and affected by radiosity, volumetrics, depth of field and motion blur. Fibers can be assigned any Material (which greatly extends FiberFX use well beyond simply rendering hair and fur), and a new dedicated Hair material has been created.'

  12. #207
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    287
    Millimeters seems an odd choice though... a 1mm hair would be extraordinarily thick. Then again perhaps that's to accommodate the "...greatly extends FiberFX use well beyond simply rendering hair and fur..." part.

  13. #208
    When they said millimeters I understand they mean it instead of pixels, so you can go .1 mm I'm sure.

  14. #209
    TD/Animator lino.grandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Rome
    Posts
    1,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    When they said millimeters I understand they mean it instead of pixels, so you can go .1 mm I'm sure.
    Of course.
    Lino Grandi
    3D Development, LightWave 3D Group/NewTek, Inc.

    https://www.lightwave3d.com/

    LightWave 3D Group YouTube channel:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/Official...?feature=watch

    My YouTube Channel:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/linograndi?feature=mhee

  15. #210
    Living over there... MAUROCOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sao Paulo Brazil
    Posts
    2,443
    Hair/Fur is an important part of my work too so I am very excited to try the new hair/render system. I hope render time will not be a problem having polygonal fibers.
    Ground control to Major Tom

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •