Thread: How to export Kinect-captured motions for use with NevronMotion?

How to export Kinect-captured motions for use with NevronMotion?

I captured a motion with Kinect in VirtualStudio. Because I captured myself the first 60 frames are not usable (pressing the button and running in front of Kinect) and so I want to use the motion from frame 60 on. In frame 60 I'm standing in the T-pose so that it's easier to retarget with NevronMotion.
    My question is: Is there a way to start the retargeting-process with NevronMotion at a frame other than zero?
    Or do I need to shift the timeline somehow (Motion Mixer does not work in this situation). Or can I export the motion from e.g. frame 60 on? I tried to export to FBX and Collada but got a very confusion rig when importing it (see attached pic). Is there a way to export to BVH?
    Thank you!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lightwave_FBX_import.JPG 
Views:	210 
Size:	211.4 KB 
ID:	117078

I did a workaround by editing the keyframes in the dopesheet. But any other suggestions would be welcome ;-)

Can you export to mdd ? With md baker you can choose the starting frame of the export.

Thank you CaptainMarlowe for the reply.
    In the capturing process with the Kinect I'm only working with the Kinect-skeleton. So there is no mesh and I can't use MDD. I use the mesh in the second part, where I load the mesh (with the Genoma-Nevron skeleton), create the rig with the Genoma-feature, load the captured Kinect-skeleton with 'load from scene', position the Genoma-rig in about the pose of the Kinect-skeleton and retarget with Nevron. My problem is that I would need the Kinect-skeleton at frame 0 in such a pose, that it is easy to pose the Genoma-Nevron-rig like the Kinect-skeleton. Because only then the retargeting works. The best would be, the Kinect-skeleton would be in a T-pose. But because I do the capturing myself this pose is at frame 80. At frame 0 the Kinect-skeleton is bent.
    So I do a workaround: In the dope-sheet I delete all relevant keyframes from 0 to 79 and then I shift the keyframes from 80 to e.g. 300 to position 0. This is a little bit uncomfortable, but it works for me.
    It would be cool to have a kind of a self-timer for capturing with Lino's voice counting from 10 to zero ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfiboy View Post
    ... with Lino's voice counting from 10 to zero ;-)
    better Kermit... or Miss Piggy

In Italian... ;-)
    Will Silver
    Animator
    digital TRiP
    "Frak'em all! I USE LIGHTWAVE!"

Quote Originally Posted by wolfiboy View Post
    It would be cool to have a kind of a self-timer for capturing with Lino's voice counting from 10 to zero ;-)
    Alternatively you can use the Punch In setting in Virtual Studio to not start recording before a certain frame number, not as sexy I know.

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Thank you BeeVee!
    I'm not so deep in Virtual Studio so thank you for the hint, I'll give it a try.