Thread: Streaming problems with livestream

Streaming problems with livestream

So on Tuesday I was hired to stream an Annual General Meeting. I was using uStream and ended up getting a lot of complaints about ads. So that night I did some research and found out about livestream and apparently they went ads free (news to me!).

I also found out that my version of my 300 needed to be upgraded to work with the new livestream. So I took a deep breath, and upgraded from 2f to 4h (whoa!), I was then told to upgrade my encoder to 3.2... so I did.

After that, I went into my program to get livestream up an the browser within tricaster said I was out of date. I proceeded to update IE (gross!) and Chrome. Still the same error. I then basically bypassed it somehow that night by putting my info into the livestream plugin and pushing stream. Thought I was good to go.

Yesterday when I got back to the AGM location, I kept on getting connection errors... I ended up having to revert back to ustream.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    How to I update the internal browser?
    How do I get new livestream working? Does livestream let me do XML? If so... how?

I use a SDi program out to a bmd sdi to hdmi converter and inject that into one of their broadcasters.. Works like a dream.. Also if your YouTube channel has 100 or more subscribers you can stream to YouTube live.
    Todd Cochrane
    @geeknews
    [email protected]
    http://geeknewscentral.com

TriCaster: TC1 / 860 AE / Mini AE

Same problem.
    I've downloaded Chrome and Firefox.
    I've tried setting both as the default browser.
    When I try to stream from Livestream or Ustream, I am still told my browser is out of date!
    Grrrr....I thought these issues were supposed to be solved in the updates.
    That's why I did them.
    Help????

Quote Originally Posted by Jayyaj View Post
    Grrrr....I thought these issues were supposed to be solved in the updates.
    You're correct, and I'm not aware of a current known problem. In general, you would be wise not to manually attempt to install, update or replace critical bits of the system, or third part software generally. I've no idea why you'd be experiencing an issue, and there's nothing remotely like enough detail here to beging to figure out why, sorry. My recommendation would be to reach out to Customer Support. I suspect they might suggest rolling back to the factory default (a TriCaster Restore) and then applying them ost recent update, then seeing if the issue continues.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Did anyone find a solution for this? I'm having the same problem. I haven't tried to manually update the browsers yet because it sounds like that didn't correct anything. Thanks.

I took a chance, downloaded Chrome, and made that my default browser. I'm not sure that I needed to though because when you click on 'configure plugin' all the relevant info is right there. I don't think the browser plays much of a part internally.

TriCaster 860 PortaStudio
    Did that work? I had a streaming issue and called Customer Support and they helped me get up and running. He was able to jump in and control my TriCaster remotely. As it turned out, the issue was in my network and we got it resolved. Thanks, Van!