Thread: Alembic 'Export All' does not work with CS

Alembic 'Export All' does not work with CS

It would be great if I didn't have to export each mesh as a separate abc file sometimes. Alembic> 'Export All' in Maya will not show up in CS with optimize hierarchy unchecked. If checked the model does come in as a single object but the point order is screwed up (or something) and CS reads the abc cache incorrectly. This is all in a single abc file of course.

Edit: Check that, I got the GPU cache menu confused, but Alembic still will not export more than one object at a time. The GPU menu in maya also exports alembic format.
    Last edited by jasonwestmas; 09-07-2013 at 11:01 AM.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Alembic> 'Export Selection' doesn't open correctly in CS either when multiple objects are selected (single selected objects will open fine in CS). What this means is that I have to bake each object separately in separate timeline passes, which slows down the processes exponentially.
    Last edited by jasonwestmas; 09-07-2013 at 10:53 AM.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.