Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: RH Rigging - Training for LW3D

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    clicka clicka clicka...."DAMN, 9/2012! Shoot!" >8^)
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Hello there!
    I'm almost 3/4 through the nodal course but It's so complete and goes so deep into the node editor that I will have to watch and practice for a little while until I'll say I'm done with It. It's so concentrated, (at least for me as I never used a lot of the nodes except for texturing...) I remember purchasing videos with a mentor that try stuffs out before explaining that this or that doesnt really work, kind of improvising along... the rebelhill course is nothing like that, the guy knows his matter and where he's going , even too fast sometimes, you have to pause or come back to catchup but you won't feel sleepy or bored (as that happened to me so many times following tutorials), overwelmed maybe by how far some of the tutos go (like the nodal car rig).
    My only critic if I needed to be super picky would be that the sound is sometimes uneven (but totaly understandable at all time) and the content scenes could come with the start scenes included (you just have to desactivate or delete the nodes before starting to follow the tuto as only the final scene is provided) but those are details. I also bought the rigiIt plugin and... those are the best investments I've done this year on Lightwave.

Vacant, pretty vacant pinkmouse's Avatar
    I've watched through the nodal stuff at least thrice now, and I still learn something new every time!
    Al
    "I conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." Charles Fort

My Website
    My Lightwave Tutorials

Me too. And I like his style a lot too.
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    As usual... Im so very glad all y'all like it (even if this isnt the nodal thread ). And yes, the chief aim of how I approach structuring this (and my other trainings) is to go right from the basics through to complex (and arguably confusing) setups and workflows... Hopefully like this youll find that there's plenty of basics you can start out with and get to grips with quickly, and as your skills and confidence increase, that the training can "scale" with you, helping you go deeper and deeper at your own pace.

Cheers.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

As a tutorial style, it is very dense, and arguably confusing after only one or two views, unless you just happen to get this stuff - but it is a solid way to teach and learn, especially at your own pace with video tuts, opposed to a classroom where you have no choice. It works for me, and I like them a lot - the rigging and the nodal courses.

Julian.
    LW 2015.3 Win 10 Pro 64bit

http://www.take27.co.uk

Just got mine today! Yippie!!! Can't wait to watch the tutorials of RHRv2 and do some animating. Thanks Craig!
    Words to live by. "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again."

www.plushpixel.com
    v11.6.3

I bought mine when it first came out and I'm still plodding through it ... very dense and concentrated stuff which is a good thing. I find myself reviewing the beginning videos multiple times and learning something new each time. Maybe it's old age ... things aren't sticking to my brain like they used to
    Gary Chike

Ha, you're still a kid Gary. I'm not a young man anymore so I'll probably be watching the vids constantly and replaying by the second until it finally sticks...if it ever does.

www.plushpixel.com
    v11.6.3

Hey Craig, a few of the videos in the tools folder are corrupt it says when I extracted using winrar. The mov files are tools/18, 19, 20 and 21.
    Can I get just these 4 videos please
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	121908  

www.plushpixel.com
    v11.6.3

Quote Originally Posted by marchermitte View Post
    ... I remember purchasing videos with a mentor that try stuffs out before explaining that this or that doesnt really work, kind of improvising along...
    You must be talking about the Adam Gibson training - maybe he's a nice guy, but boy was that training worthless - he was totally experimenting in the videos and would say stuff like "let's see if this works" and "I'm not sure why this does this" and he'd be hitting Undo in the video. Maybe his other stuff is better, the videos of his I bought were not of an instructor - they were of a dude messing around in a program with a screen capture tool on. Very disappointing. I wouldn't mind if it was a free youtube video but for $ it was a waste.

RebelHill on the other hand knows the material like the back of his hand! He conveys it simply and succinctly and even tells you the why behind the how - his videos are invaluable and SAVE you time and money. I used to teach LW in NYC and 10 days of LW training in a small class was $thousands of dollars for our students! Rebel Hill gives you similar "one on one" in-depth training - making complex topics easy - but for a fraction of the price!! You really get a bargain with him - especially if your time = money.

My only very minor critique of a few his videos if I had one, is that the audio isn't totally perfect and maybe compressed too much or slightly muddy/echoy from a bad mic (laptop?) which sometimes means turning up the volume, using headphones, or occasionally rewinding. But good stuff and he is a true domain expert on the subject matter.

Quote Originally Posted by pablogrca1 View Post
    Hey Craig, a few of the videos in the tools folder are corrupt it says when I extracted using winrar. The mov files are tools/18, 19, 20 and 21.
    Can I get just these 4 videos please
    Thanks
    Never mind, I downloaded the 2 "T" files again and it's all good now. Thanks

www.plushpixel.com
    v11.6.3

Just bough the nodal, rhiggit and training courses.
    I am attempting to move all my character animation from Messiah back into lightwave.
    After 7 years, it looks like Newtek has caught up significantly.

Just purchased RHR and RHA myself. Really looking forward to it. Even though I'm taking a 1 year course for Maya, I still go back to LW for the final touches and rendering. Just can't let go of LW! And I have a strong feeling these tutorials will keep me in the game for a long time
    3D Generalist
    Threadripper 2920x, 128GB, RTX 2080 Ti, Windows 10

Newbie Member
    Rh, thanks for demystifying Motion Mixer; I love it!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast