Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: RH Rigging - Training for LW3D

Quote Originally Posted by Simon-S View Post
    Bought the Rigging tuts a couple of hours ago and still no download link?
    If he has to respond to each request, you may have caught him getting ready for dinner. 10am CST (UTC-6) would be 5pm in Jersey, UK. (UTC +1).
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Newbie Member
    Thanks RH,

Tutorial is jam-packed with instructions

Mac os x 10.6.8
    2x2.66
    26 gb

Quote Originally Posted by Kryslin View Post
    If he has to respond to each request, you may have caught him getting ready for dinner. 10am CST (UTC-6) would be 5pm in Jersey, UK. (UTC +1).
    He he, thanks - just downloading now

Can anyone guide me with extracting the.z01 etc files please? I cant seem to extract using winrar or 7-zip.

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    winrar should do fine... Open the main .zip and the parts will open with as though one.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Hello, I'm trying to follow the Hierarchies video but I'm a beginner in Lightwave (and 3D software in general) so I can't figure out what am I doing wrong with respect to the Genoma plugins from Lino Grandi, as menu choices are not the same for me.

So I downloaded the Genoma_Tools.zip from Lino's "Genoma Updates and related plugins" thread, unzipped them and moved them to C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave11.6\support\plugins\genoma with LW closed. I opened the Edit Plugins module, clicked on File and verified that all of them are present.

I also installed the RH_Animate_Menu.cfg and RH_Rig_Menu.cfg files as shown in the Introduction video. As for the Assign_Tools_Pack_v1.2, I dropped it on C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave11.6\support\plugins\scripts \LScript which seemed the right place since it has a lot of scripts with the same extension.

But in Rebel Hill's Hierarchies video, at 3:50, he talks about the "Add Genoma Motion" plugin, the button for which is in the Rig menu, right below "Move Pivot" in his screen, but for me, this is what I have:

Attachment 117061

So I'm wondering why I don't have that. However, his version doesn't seem to have anything in the Genoma section of the same menu, while mine as you can see not only has the Create Rig and Update Rig, it also has the three plugins, and clicking on the Motion button seems to open the same module that he opens with the "Add Genoma Motion" button.

Can anyone make this clear for me? Sorry if it's obvious, I'm too new to this.

Thanks

Ah yep... The menu's were turned a little backwards there, but it is the same tool you're after. The menus are easily reorganised, so dont always worry about not having things in the same places as other folk... things'll either be somewhere else, or jsut need adding.

However the menu layout you donloaded and added (the RH Rig menu) does have listed all the tools/buttons mentioned in the videos, so no real hunting needed to find things.
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Okay, so I must be dense. Here's what I want to work out how to do using the same as item constraints to simulate dynamic parenting, but I'm not getting it: ball sits on a table. Hand (at the end of an IK chain) reaches down and picks up ball, then throws it.

So, the ball is first parented to the scene (or the table, or whatever), then becomes parented to some part of the IK hand rig (presumably one of the hand bones) so it moves with the hand, then becomes parented to the scene again so it can fly away on its own. I've reviewed the same as item videos in this training series, and the props video, and even the version of the constraints video on YouTube and I simply do not see how that linking of rig nulls to each other gets done in a sequential fashion in different frames in a timeline, nor how it works when the item getting dynamically reparented is a prop and not some null or part of a second rig.

Is there some way to strip this down to the bare essentials so it makes more sense to my limited grasp of what's going on? My head is about to explode.

Many thanks in advance!
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Quote Originally Posted by Spinland View Post
    how that linking of rig nulls to each other gets done in a sequential fashion in different frames in a timeline, nor how it works when the item getting dynamically reparented is a prop and not some null or part of a second rig.
    Well... sequence... Thats basically just the blending envelope. You key off the constraint to either be at 100 or 0% at whatever time... ad there it is... animated. So for your example, you'd have the constraint setup, blend at 0 until pick up, switch it to 100... now he's holding it, when he wants to let go... key it back to 0 again.

As for how it works on this item, or that item as different to any other... it really doesnt. Remember, when dealing with constraints, motions, etc in layout... all items are just items... pivot points. Makes no odds if that pivot point has a null or a mesh or a bone "attached" to it.

You sound like you're having fun with it all though... so thats a good thing.
    Last edited by RebelHill; 09-17-2013 at 05:26 AM.
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Thanks, RH, very much appreciate the extra pointers.
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Heheee just bought it.....waiting for the link..heheee

I'm waiting for the link as well
    Gary Chike

So... Ive finally dug right through the 2013 sales, and have sent out links for the free upgrade to all purchasers for this year... so should all be "level" now.

If anyone's not so received... do let me know and I'll sort you out.

Cheers.
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast