Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RH Rigging - Training for LW3D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelHill View Post
    Cheers.

And it is for the moment. I am, currently, still finishing the last pickup edits, upolads and getting links ready, so atm there's a few hours yet before it fully goes live if folk wanna take the last chance to grab it at pre-buy price.
    Just upgraded. Can't wait! I sent some info to your emai Craig.

Cheers,
    David

I have placed an order. Looks like I am going to learn a lot of cool useful stuff. Thanks.

Just purchased my upgrade. Cool to see 11.6 in there.
    Last edited by kfinla; 09-07-2013 at 06:59 AM.

Ordered. Looking forward to seeing how one of the masters does this!
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

craig hock me up with a link to buy the other url is down atm

RebelHill, any reason why you haven't got yourself listed in the officially recognized Lightwave 3rd party page of the LW website? RHRigit feels like it should be there, I assume you have decided against it.

My main problem with RH Rigging - Training is that it is an advanced level. You do rigging for many years but you are not a teacher. You don't make a tutorials as teacher but rather as an advanced rigger.

Many things like shortcuts or press ctrl, shift or select a handle are quite natural for you, but beginners can't follow because all is to fast IMHO....

Well, don't take it too badly but it is the first time I see somebody complaining about a training to be too advanced especially regarding rigging in LW
    For sure rigging could be a complex thing, especially if you don't do it on a every day basis (I speak for myself).
    This training is already over 20 hours long, so imagine how it would be if it has to detail every shortcut or sub command involved.
    Saying Craig is not a good teacher is a bit harsh, IMO. The free Rigging Foundations tutorials but also the one about nodes are some really invaluable resources.
    Maybe you should find some more basic training on this topic, then come back later to really appreciate this one ?
    Last edited by omichon; 09-07-2013 at 09:14 AM.
    www.oliviermichon.fr | 3D Animation, Motion Graphics and Broadcast Design.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle66 View Post
    You do rigging for many years but you are not a teacher. You don't make a tutorials as teacher but rather as an advanced rigger.
    I think RH demonstrated nicely in the promo video that he covers both simple and advanced standard Lightwave rigging concepts/methods. Things like shortcuts and (if he covers it) simplistic automation scripts the average joe can make helps production become many times faster... there's no reason to do a series of steps over and over again if the outcome is always the same. Given the content is "20 hours" worth, I'd have a hard time believing it is fast paced at all.

Its just me, but the biggest benefit I see from RH's rigging style lies in providing user-friendliness. Meaning you could construct a rig as shown in his content, and then give it to another animator and they won't have to "learn" your way of animating in order to actually use the rig. This of course has its advantages and disadvantages.
    Last edited by Ryan Roye; 09-07-2013 at 10:51 AM.
    Professional-level 3d training: Ryan's Lightwave Learning
    Plugin Developer: RR Tools for Lightwave

great! now I'm downloading. but...hmm too slow bit rate.It'll take 24hours maybe. meanwhile I'll review version1.

Bought it.
    Will there be an email when released?

Quote Originally Posted by vector View Post
    That shoulder rig is almost magic
    i didn't think such a shoulder rig was possible.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by madno View Post
    Bought it.
    Will there be an email when released?
    I pre-ordered when RH first announced this and got my download email last night. So yes you will get an email with your download links and I imagine it will not be far off.

Between this, Python, and anatomy I have no idea how I'm going to have time to get it all in. :/

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    Well hey all... So pleased with the response, and that y'all seem to like what Ive got here.

All links so far, dispatched... so thats good. Not sure whats up with your download speed there Mataori... its the same server as the original series was posted on... maybe just a bad time and itll pick up again later.

Next job is to track back through recent purchasers prior to announcement of this and put links together for them... so if you're one of, dont worry, Im getting on it.

Otherwise, am very glad you seem pleased... do please let me (and others) know what you think of the series when you've had a chance to take a better look.

Cheers.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Thanks again RH ! Download went fine here. Hope to find some time this week to start watching it
    Cheers.
    www.oliviermichon.fr | 3D Animation, Motion Graphics and Broadcast Design.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast