Thread: My Notes on NewTek's September 4, 2013 Announcement

Consultant

My Notes on NewTek's September 4, 2013 Announcement

Great preview of the new toys on TWiT. I have to eat my hat and say that I've never seen Mr. Jenison so happy. And for good reason - take a read. http://wp.me/p2nDJn-ka
    Sandy Audio Visual LLC
    NewTek Certification Testing Center
    Twitter @DCTriCaster

TriCaster: All Models
    Cameras: Sony HDC-P1, X300

My opinion, uncensored. The blog at www.sandyaudiovisual.com.

Good coverage, Colin, thanks for doing that. If I could add a couple of small details to your list, mostly in connection with the Audio Mixer: First, the Follow feature has been dramatically revamped, and is now far more flexible and useful than the earlier implementation. Also, Solo support has been extended significantly. It's especially useful to be able to solo individual stereo output mixes.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    On audio, the pan on all, routing and basically double my AUX out are high on my list.
    Everything else is great of course
    I was hoping to see more on the 410 but the show was the best by far I've seen from NewTek mixing a show with Tim and then moving him and Leo over to the unavailing with Don and Andrew. I thought Don did a great job rolling with it and looked like he was having fun.
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Nice write-up, Colin. I am linking your page to mine at http://www.digiteksys.com/196133.html

I included some images of the new TriCaster 410 including the back of the unit and the new interface.

Matt Drabick,
    DigiTek Systems

Quote Originally Posted by joseburgos View Post
    I thought Don did a great job rolling with it and looked like he was having fun.
    Nobody ... let me underline that ... nobody is as good as Don at what he does. He takes everything that gets thrown at him and handles it gracefully. Delivering a great demo of software so new that the pixels are still wet takes a ton of preparation, but that's just a fraction of what he brings to the table.

In something like last night's presentation, they can only hit a few of the high spots. There are huge numbers of lesser bullet points that go unnoticed until you discover them. As a few more examples chosen from well over 100, these models all allow you to select specific (and multiple) DDR presets recorded clips and still grabs will be added to; view M/Es and buffers in Multiview and Interface viewports; titles in Buffers are 'live editable', and as for that, so are LiveSet presets; scopes have been updated too, and now let you select any source; direct support for webcams; network output across the lineup includes a de-interlace option ... and more (did anyone say ProRes export?).

Honestly, it's almost impossible to recall all of the upgrades to come up with a comprehensive list.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    I forgot to say, Great job Colin and to you as well Matt on your write ups!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Nobody ... let me underline that ... nobody is as good as Don at what he does. He takes everything that gets thrown at him and handles it gracefully. Delivering a great demo of software so new that the pixels are still wet takes a ton of preparation, but that's just a fraction of what he brings to the table.
    My favorite part was when he said he need to be paid in bananas
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Consultant
    Thanks guys. I think I may have missed part of the announcement though. I tuned in at 8pm Eastern per the e-mail blast but I'm told it started a while before then. Can anyone confirm?
    Sandy Audio Visual LLC
    NewTek Certification Testing Center
    Twitter @DCTriCaster

TriCaster: All Models
    Cameras: Sony HDC-P1, X300

My opinion, uncensored. The blog at www.sandyaudiovisual.com.

It seemed to start around ten minutes early, no idea why. The whole thing is archived and available on Twit now though.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

NewTek Product Marketing
    Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    It seemed to start around ten minutes early, no idea why. The whole thing is archived and available on Twit now though.
    Maybe their clocks in the TWiT Brick House run fast or they simply jumped the gun? I don't think anyone expected Leo & Co. to get into the special report that early, certainly not the folks that publicized the announcement (not my function in marketing, but I do work closely with them).

That said, while an unfortunate set of circumstances for those tuning in at the scheduled (and publicly announced) time - as Steve noted, you can view the full webcast on demand at this link: http://twit.tv/show/twit-live-specials/169
    Jason Pruett
    Product Marketing Associate
    NewTek Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by joseburgos View Post
    I forgot to say, Great job Colin and to you as well Matt on your write ups!!!

My favorite part was when he said he need to be paid in bananas
    Let me second this. These were great write-ups !

Andrew, thanks for the kind words . . . .

Shameless plug . . . Colin and I are presenting the new TriCaster 460 on Oct. 9th in Raleigh, NC along with seminars on using the TriCaster for production and a class on streaming.

Matt Drabick,
    DigiTek Systems