Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nevronmotion on the Mac

Nevronmotion on the Mac

It certainly is a great plug in. So..,how do we use it on the Mac when you have the Microsoft Kinetic Camera? All the buzz but doesn't work? What's the work around? Eager to use it!

I'm sure it's not the answer you want to hear, but it looks as though if you're going to want to do your own Kinect capturing you'll need to set up one of your Macs with Boot Camp and get a copy of Windows. Using a virtual machine like Parallels or VMWare Fusion will probably introduce too much processor overhead for mocap to be workable.
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Heffalump
    There's no way to use the Kinect under OS X with NevronMotion. You also cannot use Virtual Machines with the Xbox Kinect - only the Windows model. So, you'll need to use BootCamp to get it working.
    Inactive.

Thank you. So have to look into Boot Camp

I will take another path when I have some spare time and cash, which will be fastmocap for motion capture and nevron motion for retargeting as I fond that Nevron was doing a decent job for bvh retargeting. This may sound stupid, but I don't want any windows on my Mac, either with bootcamp or a virtual machine.

I'd be interested in what success you have with Fastmocap. Barring using Nevron for capture (which seems less likely given its single camera limitations) I was considering iPi, but that also needs Boot Camp.
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Flipbook Productions Rollie Hudson's Avatar
    This is my plan of attack also. NevronMotion is great for re-targeting alone (an amazing tool!) using Lightwave running on Mac OSX. Well worth it even if the Kinect functionality is not there for us.
    Mac OS X
    MacPro Workstations

Quote Originally Posted by Spinland View Post
    I'd be interested in what success you have with Fastmocap. Barring using Nevron for capture (which seems less likely given its single camera limitations) I was considering iPi, but that also needs Boot Camp.
    That may take a while, since I have to buy a kinect and fastmocap first, and it is not my top priority (I think I'll wait a couple months). This said, as I understand Fastmocap, it doesn't seem to support more than one kinect currently.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarlowe View Post
    I will take another path when I have some spare time and cash, which will be fastmocap for motion capture and nevron motion for retargeting as I fond that Nevron was doing a decent job for bvh retargeting. This may sound stupid, but I don't want any windows on my Mac, either with bootcamp or a virtual machine.
    I hear ya and agree.
    There must be some smart alec out there who can hack the Kinect software to work on a mac
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.13 RX580 Pulse LW2020
    (plugins: LWcad 2018, TFD 1427, Syflex 2018, StarPro 2020, ExrTrader 2020, Ubercam 2.0, RR Daz Mocap (not working), DP Light 2020)

well, kinect does work on a mac... it's just that lw3Dg won't use this unofficial workaround, I think. So fastmocap it will be...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarlowe View Post
    well, kinect does work on a mac... it's just that lw3Dg won't use this unofficial workaround, I think. So fastmocap it will be...
    Because they cannot. To use the Microsoft SDK for Kinect there are very strict rules. One is that you can't use any 3rd party drivers with a commercial product.

BUT, that doesn't say that you cannot use any way you need to get the system running.

I'm just saying.
    Will Silver
    Animator
    digital TRiP
    "Frak'em all! I USE LIGHTWAVE!"

All this talk is Quite technical for me and I'm getting lost. Does anyone have a specific link to purchase Boot Camp. Thank you

Boot Camp is already included in OS X. All you need to purchase is the copy of Windows you'll be installing in it.

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Thanks for that answer! I'll do a search later. Thank you again

Boot Camp does nothing to your current OS X install; all it does is re-partition the drive to whatever space you told it to, and then lets you install Windows and dual boot the machine. All of my Macs at work have a Boot Camp partition with Windows 7 on them. Never had a problem on the Mac side because of it.

-mark

Home: Hackintosh i7 | 16GB Ram | 1080Ti | OS X 10.13.5/Windows 10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast