Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the Newtek Secret News?

Lightbulb Panning Virtual Sets in TriCaster

Quote Originally Posted by Koinonia View Post
    I wish an option to use frame buffer with animated logos so I can use my DDRs for "real" videos, and pan option in virtual sets in TC 855 and 455.
    Remember, you can already "pan" virtual sets in the 855, 455, and 40. The moves simply have to be created in advance (just like all other virtual set moves on the 855/455/40 systems).

Sincerely,
    Tim Hedegaard
    Virtualsets.com, Inc.
    NewTek Authorized Reseller
    Customized LiveSets for HD-series TriCasters

www.virtualsets.com
    [email protected]

(323) 512-1542 voice

The 'new' will be a lower cost 'entry-level' 'Thunder-caster'.

It will give you software with an external 'Newtek" box that plugs into your PC thru a Thunderbolt port.

It will be a basic switcher (3 video inputs + one computer) with overlay graphics that can stream out to the internet or output to monitor, distribution system, or other 'device'.

The price point will be about $3,500.

Newtek 're-enters' the low-cost market....

From Browser To Broadcast jmmultex's Avatar
    And I'm sure it works with Mac's as well...
    John Mahoney
    GNURAL NET, Inc.
    Trenton, NJ 08691

[email protected]
    http://www.gnuralnet.com

Gear:
    Gnural Net LiveToAir, TC1, TC1LP, MDS1, TC8000, Cameras: NDIHX-PTZ1, PTZ Optics ZCAM 20x

The real question is: How much will my 455 be worth after the announcement? I hope they don't pull a "BlackMagic" and chop the price of the existing models by 1/3, thereby upsetting all recent purchasers....

Best,

Ben

From Browser To Broadcast jmmultex's Avatar
    NewTek has always gone above and beyond to take care of their existing users when they introduce new products. While this announcement may be a mystery, I think its a safe bet that they will continue to include a way for current clients to bridge over to whatever comes next.

-john
    John Mahoney
    GNURAL NET, Inc.
    Trenton, NJ 08691

[email protected]
    http://www.gnuralnet.com

Gear:
    Gnural Net LiveToAir, TC1, TC1LP, MDS1, TC8000, Cameras: NDIHX-PTZ1, PTZ Optics ZCAM 20x

I'm sure you're right. Let's hope so!

I believe that the 455 and 855 will have a software upgrade to put the actual machines to a new level of features and performance!

I hope this update won't cost too much.

UK based Live Production
    Existing users are important but the current strategy just means a lot of newtek fans don't buy and wait until there is an annoucement ofthe next level. When the 3play 820 came out, there was no alternative and so we purchased. Within 6 months the 420 came out and I would rather have bought 2 x 420's...

At least we know its been around a year now so something is due .... Held back on a purchase of the discounted 455's correctly now it seems

Having access to Eric Snowden's ASN data, plowing through millions of private communications, I believe I have discovered what is to be the 'BIG' announcement. Keep in mind that my decoding software may not have been accurate. The big announcement: SpeedEdit UltraX 64. As I understand it, it has been in beta and ceta testing the last 14 months, but only on Tricaster XD models. The testers have been in-house and a few trusted, lifelong Newtek customers. From what I gathered, it can run on both 64 and 128-bit Operating systems. It can handle 3-d object seamlessly. All new real-time 3d rendering engines. Dolby 7 compatibility. Yellow 3-legged aliens landed in a cornfield just North of Columbus Nebraska. They cut the number of simultaneous video tracks to 10. As survey showed, nobody ever used more than 5 anyway. You can still go up to 99 by using subprojects. No-crash reliability. The GUI will sport more drop-down menus and be more intuitive. All new color correctors, chroma-keying algorithms, object tracking. lots more 3d-transitions. Ali Thomson rhythm tracking. Automated Multicam synchronization. From what I could get from the marketing comms, initially this will only be available on the XD Tricasters. For 45xxx, 85xxx, and 8000 models, the upgrade price will be $533. For the model 40s, $1,087.62. It will be a free upgrade for XD300 owners. Then again, maybe my decoding software didn't work at all

I would truly benefit from having a few more options in native recording codecs on our 850 & 855 models. MPEG at lower bitrates, ProRes (really want)...
    Jay Wiencko
    Executive Director
    Community Media Network
    1230 Souter Dr., Troy, MI
    248-589-7778
    [email protected]
    cmntv.org

Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by vicrest View Post
    The 'new' will be a lower cost 'entry-level' 'Thunder-caster'.

It will give you software with an external 'Newtek" box that plugs into your PC thru a Thunderbolt port.

It will be a basic switcher (3 video inputs + one computer) with overlay graphics that can stream out to the internet or output to monitor, distribution system, or other 'device'.

The price point will be about $3,500.

Newtek 're-enters' the low-cost market....
    Interesting... but over a year ago I figured NewTek wouldn't go for the really low end market. They've been out of the game and there are a lot of new entrants, bigger entrants, and many others that have had a head start. See http://www.savweb.com/tag/roland-vr-3/.
    Sandy Audio Visual LLC
    NewTek Certification Testing Center
    Twitter @DCTriCaster

TriCaster: All Models
    Cameras: Sony HDC-P1, X300

My opinion, uncensored. The blog at www.sandyaudiovisual.com.

Quote Originally Posted by csandy View Post
    Interesting... but over a year ago I figured NewTek wouldn't go for the really low end market. They've been out of the game and there are a lot of new entrants, bigger entrants, and many others that have had a head start. See http://www.savweb.com/tag/roland-vr-3/.
    Colin,

I use the Roland VR-3 for a lot of web streaming events around the country with one PC input and three cameras...great little unit that I can throw in a back pack. As far as Roland products go, they have made vast improvements over the past several years and I purchased three V 800 switchers to replace our aging Folsom Screen Pro and Screen Pro two units, the V 800 does a great job. That said you are correct that there are so many options switcher wise at the low end of the scale between Roland and Sony and many others, I would not be surprised to see New Tek come out with an extreme low cost product forthat market. Hope all is well with you, I am sure you are staying busy

Chris Lines
    Southwest Audio Visual
    3058 E Cairo
    Springfield MO
    [email protected]
    www.southwestav.com

Consultant
    Thanks Chris, we're growing by leaps and bounds! Hope all is well at Southwest.

I like the solid state design of the VR3 and the VGA input, but the fact that it's limited to standard definition and VGA is on its deathbed, the device is a deal breaker for us. We use Roland switchers all the time. Funny enough, we use them in concert with the Barco screen products - but true we have used them in the past to supplant them. It depends on the live event design.

Can't agree with the prediction that NT will launch a product to compete with the likes of the VR3 though. But we'll know who's right in 48 hours!

Happy Labor Day Chris!
    Sandy Audio Visual LLC
    NewTek Certification Testing Center
    Twitter @DCTriCaster

TriCaster: All Models
    Cameras: Sony HDC-P1, X300

My opinion, uncensored. The blog at www.sandyaudiovisual.com.

That was a disappointment. Looked more like a BIG sales pitch for the new models. And those of us who spent BIG money for new systems this year are out of luck on any upgrade unless you purchase a NEW system all over again.

We just spent 15,000 March for the 455 and now they come up with a new 460 model but the only way I found so far for get the features is to purchase the 455 and get a free upgrade to the 460. That came from one dealer. Most of the dealers listed don't even mention the new models yet.

Relax. The announcement just happened. Give it some time before you hit panic mode.
    Steve Croom, creator of:
    The Sound Doctrine Seminar Series
    It's about Sound, NOT Doctrine!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast