Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using Nevron Motion - missing plugin of type MasterHandler

Using Nevron Motion - missing plugin of type MasterHandler

Hi, I thought this looked like fun, but didn't how much I needed to know about motion capture. Right now, I know nothing. However, I think I'm close. I followed the other 9 page thread and installed the Kinect for Windows (on Windows 7) without issue. I placed the Nevron folder in the <user name>/.Newteck/plugins folder and Layout loaded the KinectForWindows.p and NevronMotion.p perfectly (I think). And I have a green light on my Kinect. I can open Layout > Virtual Studio > Device Manager and Enable Kinect For Windows. I double click the Kinect_0000000000000000 name and change the name to Kinect_A. Then I click the settings column for the Kinect and screen opens with a large white area and settings on the side. (Also note, that even though I changed the Kinect name to Kinect_A, this screen still displays it as Kinect_00000000000000. I don't know if that is important or not.) At any rate, it is at this point I'm not sure what to do.

So, I closed Layout and started over. I opened Layout and loaded the Kinect Scene that came with Nevron Motion. Upon loading this scene I received a warning message that said: Plugin Missing - No plug-in of type MasterHandler found with the name Genoma_Renamer. Load from a disk? I selected no and the scene loaded, displaying a biped (bones). I then went through the same steps as above, but when I clicked on the settings column and the white screen opened, my Kinect got a red light and Layout stopped responding. I couldn't even shut it down via Task Manager. I finally had to use the Windows Start button to shut the whole system down. I was able to restart and get back to the point in the first paragraph, but I have 3 questions that I would love some help with.

1. Can someone tell me what I should do when I get to the screen with white page or direct me to the appropriate manual?
    2. Why can't the scene provided find the plugins needed? (There are four .dll files that came with NM, but I see no setup.exe to install them. Is this a problem?)
    3. Am I supposed to see what Kinect sees in the big white area of the screen pulled by clicking the settings column? (Do I need to load something in the scene to see motion?)

The steps I took with my install are below if it helps.

1. Installed Kinect SDK and Development Kit
    2. Connected Kinect to computer
    3. Installed the Nevron motion (copied folder to) <user>/.Newtek/plugins
    4. Started Layout (it installed the plugins automatically)
    I ensure plugins are installed by checking
    Virtual Studio > Device Manager (should see Kinect for Windows)
    Utilies tab > Master Plugins > Dropdown should have Nevron motion (used for retargeting)
    Utilities > Edit Plugins > Device Manager (shows KinectForWindows.p)
    Utilities > Edit Plugins > Layout Command (shows NevronMotion.p)

This problem seems pretty basic to many, but I'm completely new to this and have no other resources in the area knowledgeable. Thanks

Heffalump
    The Genoma Renamer script was part of a bunch of scripts that were released by Lino. I'm not sure why they weren't bundled with the 11.6 pre-release, but I hope it's just an oversight and will be corrected. In the meantime, you can get the scripts from here :

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....elated-plugins

Other than that, yes, I've noticed some hangs and the like when running the plugin. It's probably a good idea to file reports with content / video captures - both NevronMotion and 11.6 are pre-releases right now, so the bug reports will be a huge help to the developers.
    Last edited by Phil; 08-11-2013 at 04:27 PM.
    Inactive.

Thanks Phil. I just now got Kinect image appearing. Seems I have to also click to enable the Kinect itself and that has a bit of a lag (at least on my system). So right now, I see me and green stick figure that moves as me. Next, I have to figure out how to record this motion. I've tried some of the tricks reported, but don't know how to tell if anything has been recorded. Pretty cool, but still a long way to go. Thanks for the scripts link.

You use Virtual Studio to record takes that are then played back.

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Yes as BeeVee states you use the Virtual studio to record. That is for making the skeleton active and/or live. Once your ready to RECORD it's actually done on the timeline. Press PLAY on your timeline and what is being shown moving on the skeleton is recorded. Can't wait for the vids Lino promised on helping get this all sorted out with clear tutorials.

Cook and Bottle Washer
    There seems to be an issue with getting the Kinect skeleton to deform meshes, but it seems this will be supported soon. For now, it's a good time to learn how to use the Virtual Studio.

Thanks guys. I won't get a chance to try any suggestions until the weekend. When I last looked in the manaul for Virtual Studio it talked about adding scripts before recording. Then recording although it didn't give the steps to actually record. My last attempt I clicked the one shot button, then the Allow Record, then pressed play on the timeline. I moved around and saw the stick figure, but if it recorded something I don't know where it placed the recording. When I pressed Allow Play and then the timeline play nothing happened. I'll try again this weekend. Thanks

Sounds like you were right there. Everything was correct except after you've recorded your TAKE, uncheck allow record and only have allow play then play the timeline again. There isn't a file of sorts that is recorded only the keyframes on the bones. Good luck this weekend!

Newbie Member
    My Kinect was working with the last version of 11.6 but unfortunately with the latest update whenever I load the kinect skeleton scene I get a message stating the Genoma Renamer master handler plugin is not installed. I install same and the system never recognizes the install and no connection to the Kinect....anyone else having problems, other than that this is certainly frustrating!

I am having the exact same problem.
    No solution as of yet, I did put in for bug submission

Newbie Member
    Thanks for the feedback, hopefully things get sorted out soon.

We solved the problem...a plugin (which has nothing to do with NevronMotion and doesn't prevent it from working correctly) was still among the Master Plugins when i saved the scene. Sorry about that.

A quick fix for it (the scene will be updated soon):

1) Load the LWS
    2) Open the Master Plugins Panel (you can use CTRL+q to open it).
    3) Remove the "LScript" plugin (right click on it, and choose Remove).
    4) Save the scene.
    Lino Grandi
    3D Development, LightWave 3D Group/NewTek, Inc.

https://www.lightwave3d.com/

LightWave 3D Group YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Official...?feature=watch

My YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/linograndi?feature=mhee

In the same moment I try to rename the prefix as mentioned in one the main official tutorial for Nevron "nothing at all happens". I am just watching a BVH rig that are acting totally crazy far away from the camera with the 3D-character in a frozen T-position. Would it not had been better to make all this happen by automation? I mean many of us are not CA people or programmers and to me this does not feel like a good start. I am confused and wonder how steep the learning curve with or without bugs must be for a common LW user like myself?

I must apologize but I feel a bit stupid "as always when it comes to character animation within Lightwave." I donīt want you to take this personal Lino because I really like the energy you and all other in the team offer to help users to become better animators. But to be true my wish has never been to learn scripting, coding or programming at all, my main target has always been to put my energy in areas defined as audio-visual communication. God damn, I took one to many punches from forum users that meant that a user have to know programming, coding and scripting to be a good waver. Sorry, but I am not on the same track there and by looking at Newtekīs competitors the workflow are directed to offering a more user friendly module based software.

I had so much retroactive hope for a solution that made character animation easier on Lightwave with Nevron, Genoma and LW 11.6 in combination, but after only a few days I feel stuck in a position I canīt change because major parts of the workflow are out of my control which leads to lost hours and lost customers that might have been interested in the CA part in my work as well. Hereīs my solution:

Create tutorials that also handle every bug, unfinished script and all unwanted situations that cannot be blamed on the user. As it is now the official tutorial that are great in many ways only handle a perfect situation in a perfect world. But is that really any help when parts and actions in the software does not react as expected? In my opinion, it is not!
    Curious

Quote Originally Posted by jaxtone View Post
    Create tutorials that also handle every bug, unfinished script and all unwanted situations that cannot be blamed on the user.
    That is just not possible. The tutorial would be so dense with information and sidebars it would be impenetrable and it could never cover all situations - "Invent something foolproof and nature invents a better fool". Did you change the preset from the default FBX to BVH?

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

BeeVee, I didnīt mean tutorials in general. I meant when softwares are in a developing state. But the information you just wrote could as well bounce back to you with another viewing angle. If a perfect tutorial that describes and cover real situations for a software who have baby wounds would be so dense with information and sidebars it would be impenetrable the opposite must be that a user who meets a software with logical holes or missing parts in it would be so packed with unlogical information it would be possible to reach his goals. I will for sure remind myself that Newtek announced that a final version of Nevron wouldnīt be released before Q4 2013.

Here is a question about BVH and FBX in the Lightwave 11.6/Nevron environment!

Are there different ways to handle BVH and FBX by Lightwave11.6/Nevron? If so, which of BVH or FBX is preferable to reach the best workflow when applying these on a character in LW11.6?
    Curious

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast