Thread: make difference endomorph

make difference endomorph

Originally when i was envisioning uses i would have for chronosculpt one of them i thought about the possibility of making corrective morphs to be used in Lightwave but from first appearences that doesnt seem to be possible with chronosculpt. to test i took a simple arm model and created a quick .mdd file of the arm bending with a bone. then i took the .mdd and arm model into CS and with the arm bent i sculpted a nice fold in the arm and corrected the deformation. i saved that out as an endomorph at that frame. back in layout i bent the arm and applied the endomorph but as i feared would happen the endomorph not only applied the deformation i sculpted in CS but also took into account the bent arm from the .mdd file so in effect the arm bent twice with the endomorph applie which of course looked very bad and not the effect i was after.

what im wondering is there a way that we could make CS see the changes to the .mdd file in the way of sculpting only as the endomorph? maybe have a snapshot we could take of the mesh at a certain frame and then only the changes we make after the snapshot applied to an endomorph? Hope thats clear.

Hey Mister, I think that's a great idea
    I hope they take it on board.
    I think that's in the remitt of
    ChronoSculpt's new philosophy.
    What does David/LW3DG Think?

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    Originally when i was envisioning uses i would have for chronosculpt one of them i thought about the possibility of making corrective morphs to be used in Lightwave but from first appearences that doesnt seem to be possible with chronosculpt. to test i took a simple arm model and created a quick .mdd file of the arm bending with a bone. then i took the .mdd and arm model into CS and with the arm bent i sculpted a nice fold in the arm and corrected the deformation. i saved that out as an endomorph at that frame. back in layout i bent the arm and applied the endomorph but as i feared would happen the endomorph not only applied the deformation i sculpted in CS but also took into account the bent arm from the .mdd file so in effect the arm bent twice with the endomorph applie which of course looked very bad and not the effect i was after.

what im wondering is there a way that we could make CS see the changes to the .mdd file in the way of sculpting only as the endomorph? maybe have a snapshot we could take of the mesh at a certain frame and then only the changes we make after the snapshot applied to an endomorph? Hope thats clear.
    I don`t have a Chronosculpt license but I`m interested how it`s going to develop, who knows, maybe in the future .....
    I find your post/idea very interesting. Reading your post I see it more as a layer morphing feature, similar to layered animation, where you can save/export parts of the timeline endomorph and only the layers you choose, no matter which or how many layers I choose to save/export.
    To be completely honest, I`m surprised it`s not there yet. Maybe the time it was too short to implement it properly.