Thread: No colorpicker after 11.6 upg

No colorpicker after 11.6 upg

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colorCapture.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	116050
    I get this after upgrade to 11.6 when i choose the colorpicker anywhere. There is no colorpicker pluging. I added all plugs i have.
    Any ideas ?

thanks
    Jeremy

Stuck in a very big cube Waves of light's Avatar
    Yes. Open up Layout and press D (preferences) and go to the General tab (first one) and from the drop down menu 'Color Picker' select LW_ColrPkr (or something similar - sorry, not a PC). Then close and reopen Layout and Modeler to check.

Systen Spec: i7 4930k (OC @4.5ghz),ASUS p9x79 MB, 32GB Ballistix RAM, H60 cooling, Samsung SSD 120GB, WD 1TB

Heffalump
    Interesting quirk. You should be able to choose the color picker from the drop-down menu in the options panel, though. I forget which tab holds that option, though
    Inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Waves of light View Post
    Yes. Open up Layout and press D (preferences) and go to the General tab (first one) and from the drop down menu 'Color Picker' select LW_ColrPkr (or something similar - sorry, not a PC). Then close and reopen Layout and Modeler to check.
    Thanks to all repliers. This was the solution. Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by jeremydk View Post
    Thanks to all repliers. This was the solution. Thanks a lot
    Glad you sorted it. Bugged me at first! Can I ask, was this a fresh install with fresh configs? If so, may have to Fozbug it, after all 11.6 is a pre-release.

Systen Spec: i7 4930k (OC @4.5ghz),ASUS p9x79 MB, 32GB Ballistix RAM, H60 cooling, Samsung SSD 120GB, WD 1TB

This occurs when not using fresh configs, the old configs are looking for the old picker name, which has been replaced. Fresh configs don't have this.
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    This occurs when not using fresh configs, the old configs are looking for the old picker name, which has been replaced. Fresh configs don't have this.
    Thanks for the clarification Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Would this occur with say 11.5 installed and then installing 11.6? I had an issue at work where the LW_clr_pickr couldn't be found, fresh install of 11.6. I don't have admin rights on the machine so we installed under the Admin account for all users and then it worked fine. Can't do the Target in the Properties window "-c C:\..." because that caused LightWave to not launch with 11.5.

I don't know if this is a bug, by design, or an unintended consequence.

We're using the -c flag for all our shortcuts and 11.5.1 and 11.6 both launch fine. Each version of LightWave gets a shortcut that redirects configs to a folder specific its version. We run LightWave off a network folder so not sure if that matters.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel