Thread: Brush fall off area

Brush fall off area

Sculpting in a tight area where points were close together I was having some difficulty moving the points I wanted without affecting other nearby points. To do so I had to make my brush size really small and that made it a little more difficult to brush the points I wanted. I messed with the hardness setting to varying degrees of success.

Was wondering if we could have a fall off guide within the brush? Perhaps a inner circle where everything inside that was 100% (0r whatever the brush strength is set to) and then from the inner circle to the outer circle of the brush icon it would go from the set strength and fall off evenly to 0% at the brush outer edge.

On a sidenote, I noticed that even with the brush set to 0% strength, it still affected the geometry in the scene. Is that expected behavior?

I was suggesting.. the ability to mask(protect) areas like in Zbrush. And possibly something like Polygroups or selection lasso's to hide and unhide parts while you work, or for performance sake.

Masking and polygroups are fine although I would consider them more useful for model sculpting. Hiding parts of the mesh would be useful I suppose although performance has yet to be an issue in CS. But for tight areas in the mesh that I was experiencing with my first tests with CS, it would be just as hard to mask the area I don't want to affect, as hard as it was for me to move points I wanted to without affecting others. I really think a good brush falloff is going to help the most in this case.