Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: How to change a rig in 45 scene files?

EulerToQuaternions() and QuaternionsToEuler() need more adjusting to LW.
    So Lock-2-World is currently limited to position freeze during the selected frame range.
    Parent rotation compensation is already implemented because the rotation of the parent influenced the (child) item position too.
    Rotation freeze will follow soon. I hope.

Lock-2-Item implemented too.
    Just select a second item and press the Hold button (with option "HoldPose: Lock-2-World/Lock-2-Item" been set in "F7 Legato config").
    As with option Lock-2-World, the position of the item that was selected first is now frozen, but now it also inherits the position change of the selected "lock item".

When I've finished both new functions, you can use Lock-2-World to lock the feet of characters to the ground or use Lock-2-Item to lock the hands to a steering wheel.

For the selected frame range only and without the need to add this capability to its rig.

Legato beta1 revO8+ is here: Attachment 125379

Not a lot of spare time for development at the moment (painting the house) but these new functions are too important to wait any longer.

The Transfer-EXT function seems to work nicely, except for the exact value of keys in the Master Channels.
    I expect it to become even faster in the next release - the current speed is reasonable.

You can change the behaviour of the HoldKey ("Hld") button in the F7 Legato config dialog. When set, the "Hld" button
    will freeze the movements of the selected item for the duration of the selected frame range. If you select two items, the first item will freeze + also inherit the position changes from the second item during that selected frame range.
    I expect to implement rotational freeze in the next release - the current function explains the idea quite well.

The hints system is also a work in progress. It needs more data for testing and further refinement of the design.

// NEW: Transfer EXT library item (keyboard 'T') to (auto-)selected hierarchy master. Most channels (incl. Pos/Rot/Sca/MC/Morph are supported, except: ObjectLevel, PolygonLevel and PolygonPixelSize.
    // TODO: Incorrect values in MasterChannels (0% becomes 100%). Implement additional accelerators to (further) improve speed. Check if OperationMode is respected in all situations.

// NEW: Lock-2-World
    // TODO: ROTATION NEUTRALISATION

// NEW: Lock-2-Item
    // TODO: ROTATION NEUTRALISATION

// NEW: Implemented a simple hints system. Browse available hints with arrow keys. Alt-Click to toggle visibility (when Hints is activated in F7 Legato Config).
    // TODO: add hints + implement category browsing + implement viewport control

// FIX: Ctrl+D from Layout did not filter MC's by selected item. Shift+D from Legato was fine.
    // FIX: After Save command while displaying Slider MC's related to the current item, the view is reset and displays all MC's.
    // FIX: Broken MC filter in processExtKeys_Transfer:
    // FIX: Performance issues when controlling Sliders in MC view. Added screen refresh delay, bypassed by mouse actions in Legato itself. This also removes the annoying multiple refreshes on startup.
    // FIX: Speed optimisations in MC filter routines.
    // FIX: Transfer EXT Pos/Rot/Sca keys were incorrectly calculated.

Thanks Vincent, not been around a bit and glad you are still on Legato
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2019.03

Very nice Laptop

Wow, this is crazy! Just made it back to this Thread again since the beginning couple of pages. Still have to try it out, but reading through this all and the progression, this is just amazing.

Newtek should think of adding you to their Staff...

Thanks for your hard work and contribution.

Cheers

Thank you to both of you.
    As soon as I´ve fixed all revO8+ errors I´ll make a new video to demonstrate the latest features in Legato.

Glad I just found the cause of the Master Channel error in revO8+ (it´s trying to directly match the item channel name to a master channel name - instead, it should look to the MC that was used in the expression - these kind of errors take a long time to find).
    Now trying to build an efficient solution.

Legato beta1 revO9 is here: Attachment 125549

Now supporting TRANSFER of animations from external LWS files: MasterChannels , Morph Channels, Position, Rotation, Scale, and many more types of channels.

Not only for one item, but for the entire hierarchy ´below´ the selected ´hierarchy master´: the child items of the selected item, including ´relations´, items that act as Pos/Rot/Sca controllers to these child items. Even the Master Channels will only be transfered if they belong to an expression that is linked to a channel of one of these child items or related items.

STEPS:
    1 - Create a source LWS (with a character + rig) that has the Legato plugin applied.
    2 - Copy that LWS file to a target LWS.
    3 - Reload the source LWS.
    4 - Animate your character and define one or more REGIONS for any HIERARCHY MASTER (and its child items).
    5 - Of course you can copy any marker or region to the Library section (the negative frame range) to hide it from the render range.
    5 - Save your source LWS file.
    6 - Open the target LWS. It will still contain your character + rig without animations.
    7 - In Legato, press the EXT-button and/or choose an external LWS file.
    8 - In Legato, choose a REGION (´R´ -> ´actions´ from the upper marker/region area or ´r´ -> ´animations´ from the lower marker/region area) from the listbox.
    9 - Choose an OPERATION MODE: `Family´ or ´Hierarchy´ or ´Item´, etc.
    10a - Now, select a frame or select a frame range in Legato.
    10b - Consider selecting a frame range from right to left to select a ´negative frame range´ to apply the animation reversed AND retimed to this frame range.
    11 - In Legato, press keyboard ´T´.
    12 - DONE! Select the frame range and press PageUp or PageDown for ping-pong playback.

Limitations:
    - in revO9, you can´t Transfer pose markers (´m´) or storybeat markers (´M´). This seems to be a very small problem that will be solved in revO10.
    - in revO9, I didn´t fix the rotation issue in ´Lock-2-World´ and ´Lock-2-Item´ yet.

Have fun!

Must have been tired yesterday (using a messed up Master Channel setting) but it seems that the EXT-Transfer function is working fine for poses and storybeats too in revO9.

I do want to point out that the EXT-Transfer function (at this moment) will ignore animated channels that can not be linked to item.id's. The current implementation can't transfer channel data to characters that has items with different internal id's.

However, the INT-Transfer function CAN transfer channel data to character clones and modified rigs. It retargets channel data when it detects incompatibilities in the hierarchy (by size and/or genus) or when it is forced to "Always retarget" in the F7 Legato config dialog.

I'll try to add retargeting to the EXT-Transfer function too. And also some options in the F7 Legato config dialog to choose between "strict matching by item.id", "by item.name (minus object sequence#)", or "by hierarchy structure/sequence and genus" during the EXT-Transfer process.

For now, I'dd like to focus on the 'Lock-2-World´ and ´Lock-2-Item´, and then a demo video because I can imagine that it's difficult to keep track.

Hi, Vncnt, do you planning make a video explain of your tools?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by OFF View Post
    Hi, Vncnt, do you planning make a video explain of your tools?
    Thanks.
    Yes indeed.

Legato has become a collection of tools that has grown in the course of time.
    The starting point has always been markers and regions.
    The goal: efficient and flexible story/layout design with rigged characters.

Efficient by reusing the poses and motions that have been created before.
    Flexible by structuring the raw keys per hierarchy and manipulate them.

I´ll try to make a short video that will demonstrate how the current version is intended to support this process.
    It could be ready at the end of this year, 2014.

Legato seems to work fine with LW2015.

BTW note that Blocks from EXT sources (via LiveMixer or Bounce) are not yet supported in the latest build.

Legato beta1 revO10 is here: Attachment 125880

NEW: "Rst"-button resets the HierarchyMaster name of the selected LibraryItem to the name of the current item (any Object, Bone, Light or Camera). The HierarchyMaster field was already editable but when using complicated item names, this button makes it easier. Rename the HierarchyMaster if you created a Marker or a Region but forgot to select the correct HierarchyMaster.

FIX: OperationMode "Family" issue with size of source/target arrays, causing the retarget dialog to appear without obvious reason.
    FIX: Delete selected blocks; from now on, use double RMB-click to remove markers/regions from the timeline.
    FIX: Legato dialog was not refreshed while moving/editing blocks in Blck viewport.
    FIX: Script error when Block was created from EXT Library item.

PENDING: Downmix Blocks from EXT libraries. Rotation neutralisation for Lock-2-World and Lock-2-Item. Radiosity error message @ scene load (it´s trying to set radiosity parameters while radiosity is not enabled).

Legato beta1 revO11 is here: Attachment 125913

NEW: ComRing can now be used to exchange MarkerRegion data. See also sample script.
    In the future this method will be utilized by LW-link to prepare a clean LWS scene file with a bunch of Markers and Regions from the Sony Vegas Pro NLE timeline and in case of an existing LWS file, to synchronize them when the SYNC-button is pressed.
    By that time, Legato should be able to detect stacked Legato plugin data and merge them to prevent (markerregion) data loss when loading a default scene with a rig via LoadFromScene.

NEW: HINTS now support navigating through topic categories.
    When HINT system is active (in F7 config) and visibility of HINTS is toggled to 'on' with Alt-Click LMB, you can now move to prev/next category with UP/DOWN ARROW KEYS. You still need to use the LEFT/RIGHT ARROW KEYS to move to prev/next HINT. Added a few hints but it is by no means complete.

FIX: When double clicking RMB on a MarkerRegion in the upper or lower area, the Library listbox is now updated.

PENDING: Downmix Blocks from EXT libraries. Rotation neutralisation for Lock-2-World and Lock-2-Item. Radiosity error message @ scene load (it´s trying to set radiosity parameters while radiosity is not enabled), Update of LW-link for Vegas.

I´ve removed all old versions of Legato from thris thread.

Oh more presents to play with for Christmas. Vincent have you upgraded to LW 2015, just curious how Legato works with 2015.

Thanks for the presents.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2019.03

Very nice Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMarchant View Post
    Oh more presents to play with for Christmas. Vincent have you upgraded to LW 2015, just curious how Legato works with 2015.

Thanks for the presents.
    Hi John, and yes, I´ve upgraded to LW2015.
    Legato seems to run fine in LW2015 but for a while I´ll use both and see if there are any issues.

I think the rotation neutralisation for Lock-2-World and Lock-2-Item can be ready soon. Need to adjust the standard Euler-Quaternion code to the LW axis situation - need to put a few more ideas into code.

And maybe I can adjust the code for LW-link in order to make it work with Legato.
    The problem that needs to be solved here is that I like to build a clean LWS file in my NLE from a photo/video/audio clip that will act as a background or music/voice/lipsync guide, add markers and regions from the Vegas Pro timeline that Legato can read (by stacking & merging one Legato datablock from LW-link with one Legato datablock from a default LWS - with LoadFromScene - that contains neutral characters and blocking items). This is why I´ve prepared the ComRing method in revO11 to exchange the markerregion data between two Legato plugins. Don´t know if I can make it going to work correctly but there are more methods to reach this workflow. I think it´s important to build stories on the (flexible) NLE timeline and automate as much as possible to handle all projectdata of related software (Layout, ScreamerNet, SynthEyes, Fusion, Reason). Legato must be connected to this workflow.

The last two weeks of this year I´d like to spend some time to prepare a simple scene that I can use to make a video.
    With so many updates and sidesteps that I´ve made, it´s difficult for others to get the entire picture without a proper introduction.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast