Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: How to change a rig in 45 scene files?

Expressions and MasterChannels all have a prefix now.
    So far there is no need to add a prefix to Null objects.

The Clone Current Item command in Layout now correctly updates the index# and identifies the RM-object.
    Could not resist to post the result so far: Attachment 117949

Before posting the beta3 version I need to be able to delete or disable the MasterPlugins that are linked to the RigManager object.
    Layout will crash when adding MasterChannels with the same name as existing active plugins.
    So I need to find a reliable way to identify MasterPlugins.
    Think it would be best to use SaveSceneCopy to retrieve plugin# by MC_name since Lscript seems to have no commands for doing that directly.

ClearMasterChannels(index) implemented and seems fine.

Now there is a new bug: the RM-object should be referenced by id, not by name.
    As soon as I load another RM-object it renames to the same name + (#).
    Shouldn´t take too long to fix.

That took only one day to solve ...

Now Morphs animations that belong to Cloned items are not saved.

Quote Originally Posted by vncnt View Post
    Now Morphs animations that belong to Cloned items are not saved.
    Actually they were being overwritten so I´ve extended the Path with the instance identifier.
    A few more final checks before beta3 can be released.

I've enhanced the Manual Matching dialog and made RigManager more tolerant and present more alternatives.

Also found another bug that took very long to prevent layout (LW/64bit on Win7/64bit) from crashing.
    SaveMotion("filename") does not accept very long filenames, not even with a "\\?\" prefix (as Microsoft suggested).
    Fogbugzed it.

RigManager now displays a warning when the filename is cut-off.
    If it won't be fixed, then I need to implement some sort of translation list.
    For the moment, keep your object/layer names short.

Also working on a "shortcutkey script" to activate the first RigManager plugin that it encounters on it's way from the selected Item to the top-of-hierarchy.
    Last edited by vncnt; 11-07-2013 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vncnt View Post
    Also working on a "shortcutkey script" to activate the first RigManager plugin that it encounters on it's way from the selected Item to the top-of-hierarchy.
    The RigManager_assistant script is ready: Shift+Alt+R. I´ve also created a version for MorphMixer, Shift+Alt+M: select any Item that belongs to a hierarchy, then activate the MorphMixer_assistant script, the first MorphMixer that can be found in one of the parents of the selected Item will open.

Both scripts will be available without time restrictions for registered users of RigManager.

RigManager beta3 seems ready and it will be sent to registered users this weekend.
    I´ve even managed to use RM in two nesting levels.
    Last edited by vncnt; 11-07-2013 at 01:21 PM.

RigManager beta3 documentation

The updated manual for RigManager beta3 is here: Attachment 118051

The updated RigManager unregistered beta3 edition will follow this weekend.
    The unregistered edition is valid for one month.

The updated RigManager registered beta3 edition and the RigManager_assistant + MorphMixer_assistant plugins will be sent by e-mail to registered users.

Both assistant plugins are free, unlimited but tied to your license_id.

Registration of RigManager is free. The registered edition is valid for one year.

Register by pressing the url "e-mail" in the middle of this page http://members.upc.nl/c.koppes1/contact and send me your real name, e-mail address and your LightWave license_id ("dongle_id") for a personalized copy.

You can find the licence-ID in the About box of LightWave, labeled “Product Lock” and it looks like “32265”.

Meet RigManager
    • RigManager separates the animations from the hierarchy.
    • RigManager controls the update process of your rig, based on an external hierarchy.
      On demand or during the opening or closing of your LWS scene file.
      Maintenance of the character rig is from now on centralized to one single scene file. Without RigManager you need to modify a rig in every single LWS scene that is using that rig.
    • RigManager handles animation of rig parts that have been re-parented, renamed, deleted.
    • RigManager handles animation of rig parts that have moved, rotated or resized. Based on the difference at frame 0 between the rig and the animations.
    • RigManager handles multiple clones of your rig in one LWS scene. Including the renaming of Expressions and MasterChannels.
    • RigManager lets you import animations from other instances of the same rig: 100 individual clones of your character in one LWS scene? No problem.
    • RigManager organizes your Schematic viewport. Maybe not 100% perfect but it´s a good start.
    • As a bonus: RigManager_asistant will let you access the first RigManager plugin in the nearest parent of a selected object.
      And as an extra bonus: MorphMixer_assistant does the same thing for MorphMixer. Just click any part of your rig, then use a keyboard shortcut to one of these two plugins and voila: the first RigManager (Shift+Alt+R) or MorphMixer (Shift+Alt+M) in the nearest parent opens for that character instance.

Try RigManager
    • Download the plugins and the manual: Attachment 118068
    • If you want to try RigManager for at least one year: register by pressing the url "e-mail" in the middle of this page http://members.upc.nl/c.koppes1/contact and send me your real name, e-mail address and your LightWave license_id ("dongle_id") for a personalized copy.

Nice!
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

Small bugfix: RM refused to save motion files with small filenames because of strange Lscript behaviour. Lscript function strleft() does not like a length larger than the string itself.

Here is a new set of installation files: Attachment 118094

While testing the ApeRun13.lws from the LW_11_0_Content.zip with RigManager beta3a I´ve noticed a few bugs with "Load Animation" in both "As is" and "Re-target" modes. Something seems wrong with the calculation. And the motion files of some parts seem rejected.
    Last edited by vncnt; 11-10-2013 at 05:55 AM.

I´ve fixed the issues with “Load Animation” while testing a character rig “ApeRun13.lws” from the LW_11_0_Content.zip.
    Here are new installation files: Attachment 118118.

I´ve found an issue with the Dragon_Rig_Walk_Cycle.lws from the same LW_11_0_Content.zip file.
    Unfortunately this file will let Layout process forever upon LoadElementsFromScene(). It freezes during a second “Loading plug-ins” phase. I´m trying to find out what the problem is, but it is clear that it´s not a RigManager issue because the problem can be repeated when using File –> Load Items From Scene.

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    Ive encountered a bug in LoadElements 11.6 final release. Im gonna strip it down to a simple base case and report it, but I very much doubt that its the same issue you're seeing... so possibly a more general issue with LoadElements.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Quote Originally Posted by RebelHill View Post
    Ive encountered a bug in LoadElements 11.6 final release. Im gonna strip it down to a simple base case and report it, but I very much doubt that its the same issue you're seeing... so possibly a more general issue with LoadElements.
    Interesting. Please let me know if you find anything. I´ve already removed ClothFX plugins but that didn´t seem to resolve the issue.

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    Well mine is popping up with motion modifier plugins and more specifically their channels. Have a peek in your GE channel list and see if there's a stack of "envelopes" entries at the bottom.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast