Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Nevron Motion

I think i got it now thanks for all the help. A pro tip: Add plugins after installing the Runtime

Newbie Member
    I installed both, SDK and Developer toolkit for my Kinect for Windows device as I had previously problems with the Runtime-only Software. Now, all works fine with Lightwave and the Kinect device.

Can anyone please tell me how to bind a Nevron skeleton to a character mesh after adjusting it ?

After reading the last few comments, I decided to go ahead and buy Nevron Motion even though I don't have a Kinect.

However, there is one thing that I wasn't expecting. I found that after I installed the plugin and registered it, etc., that upon launching LW 11.6, i would get an Missing File Error of "Kinect10.dll not found". I realize that this may be because I don't have a Kinect device [or the runtime?] . To stop the error I had to remove the KinectForWindows plugin from the plugins folder.

I do have a question though - I thought there was supposed to be a character included with the purchase - or am I wrong? It would be nice to be able to immediately see it used with a character - even the one shown at Siggraph.

Not doing nothing.... Tranimatronic's Avatar
    Dont know where else to put this, but Performances->Clear crashes every time (Win7)

Also..., still cant figure out how to record. Enabled Allow Rec and Allow play, pressed play in the main Layout timeline, but when I go back nothing happens.

Try using the one shot option. Then disable allow record and press play on the timeline.

Basic steps I've been doing:

• After confirming the skeleton is moving, enable allow record, one shot.
    • Press play on timeline and record your thing.
    • Disable allow record and press play on timeline again.
    Last edited by stevecullum; 07-27-2013 at 05:23 PM.
    i7 X3930/32GB/Quadro 4000

Got it !! Thanks.
    I would never have thought of turning off allow record, but when I think about it I suppose it makes sense. The one shot thing seems important for first time/track recording.

To anyone on the fence about this, if you already have lightwave and a kinect (xbox or windows), for $199 its a whole lot of fun....and I haven't even got to the retargetting part yet

Quote Originally Posted by Tranimatronic View Post
    ....and I haven't even got to the retargetting part yet
    The retargeting part is the ONLY thing I'm interested in. I have no intention of getting a Kinect since we've already got an Optitrack system.

For those who've tried it, how well does the retargeting work?

Perfectly.
    Don't have a Kinect (Edit:, not connect) but have fbx and bvh files from a time with MB.

It works, once you add the proper suffix.

Rocks.

Has anyone tried using the mocap files that ship with Nevron? I loaded in the BVH ones and found the scaling was huge. Tried fiddling about the the import scale option, but it's a faff trying to get the right setting. Anyone have a better way?

You can select the hips of the imported bvh and globally scale the rig.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCurtis View Post
    After reading the last few comments, I decided to go ahead and buy Nevron Motion even though I don't have a Kinect.

However, there is one thing that I wasn't expecting. I found that after I installed the plugin and registered it, etc., that upon launching LW 11.6, i would get an Missing File Error of "Kinect10.dll not found". I realize that this may be because I don't have a Kinect device [or the runtime?] . To stop the error I had to remove the KinectForWindows plugin from the plugins folder.

I do have a question though - I thought there was supposed to be a character included with the purchase - or am I wrong? It would be nice to be able to immediately see it used with a character - even the one shown at Siggraph.
    That sounds as if you need the Microsoft drivers - the 1.7
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/kinec...downloads.aspx

Then you should be more happy

Quote Originally Posted by UnCommonGrafx View Post
    Perfectly.
    Don't have a Kinect (Edit:, not connect) but have fbx and bvh files from a time with MB.

It works, once you add the proper suffix.

Rocks.
    Excellent!

Looks like there's another sale.

I'm running LW 11.6 on a Windows Vista machine. Can the Kinect still work on it? The notes on the provided link don't mention Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarlowe View Post
    You can select the hips of the imported bvh and globally scale the rig.
    Mmm...it tried that and the bones disappeared off the screen. I'll have another attempt - cheers!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast