Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Nevron Motion

when i activate in the studio window the skeleton just collapses on the "floor". No matter what the other buttons are set to. Any ideas why ?
    I can see my tracking in the options window. It seems to work fine.

@Jeremy, it collapses on the floor, but when your body is recognized (be sure to Activate and hit "LIVE") it will capture your movements.

@Steve, Use Graph editor and change the scale and position for the whole scene using the Hip.
    It worked for me, the the character doesn't move as far.
    The only problem I have is the orientation of the limbs, most of the time they face the wrong side eve though I have retargetted correctly.

Something I haven't figured yet, is whether I should change the proportions of my rig or of the motion Capture rig.
    I don't know how it affects both doig iit either way.
    555Lab.com

HP Z800 Win 7 x64
    LW11.0.3 x64
    Bi-Quad Xeon E5530 2.40 GHZ
    16 cores Hyperthreaded
    20GB Ram
    Nvidia Quadro FX 4800 1.5GB / CUDA 192 cores
    Dual screen HP LP2475w

Scale in the opening dialogue.
    25% wasn't so bad.

If you do scale it only the graph editor will do it as you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by stevecullum View Post
    Has anyone tried using the mocap files that ship with Nevron? I loaded in the BVH ones and found the scaling was huge. Tried fiddling about the the import scale option, but it's a faff trying to get the right setting. Anyone have a better way?
    Robert Wilson
    i-7-4770k @3.5ghz, Titan, GTX 1660 Ti, et al

@Steve, Use Graph editor and change the scale and position for the whole scene using the Hip.
    Ah - I was using the regular scaling. Will have another go after importing at 25%. I noticed the T Pose was hip centered at 0, but the motion jumps above this when it starts. If I alter this manually so the T-Pose aligns with the nevron skeleton, will it break anything?
    i7 X3930/32GB/Quadro 4000

Top Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCurtis View Post
    I'm running LW 11.6 on a Windows Vista machine. Can the Kinect still work on it? The notes on the provided link don't mention Vista.
    Microsoft is spec'ing their Kinect 1.7 and Kinect SDK 1.7(which you would have to use for Kinect XBOX) drivers for Win 7 and 8.

Break, no.
    On frame 0, you should see what's going to happen.

And maybe I'm reading it wrong but I think manually changing the Nevron Skeleton would be the way to do it. The other way around and it would seem you are altering the animation.

Ah - I was using the regular scaling. Will have another go after importing at 25%. I noticed the T Pose was hip centered at 0, but the motion jumps above this when it starts. If I alter this manually so the T-Pose aligns with the nevron skeleton, will it break anything?
    Robert Wilson

Heffalump
    Shift the mocap at frame 0. It shouldn't cause any trouble doing it this way. The mocap frame at time zero is a reference and you can manipulate the mocap skeleton at that frame to match your target object - I've done it this way with IKinema in Maya without encountering trouble. You do this prior to any retargeting, naturally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnCommonGrafx View Post
    Break, no.
    On frame 0, you should see what's going to happen.

And maybe I'm reading it wrong but I think manually changing the Nevron Skeleton would be the way to do it. The other way around and it would seem you are altering the animation.
    The density of keyframes on mocap generally means that there's no issue - frame 0 is generally 'special' and I've yet to see mocap that doesn't have a key on every frame for control points.
    Inactive.

Has Newtek, rob or Lino yet promised whether Nevronmotion will support Kinect2 later this year? I'd like a yea or nay before I buy it... Thanks

Newbie Member
    Got anyone FBX-Retargeting to work ?
    Also with the 'Add Prefix'-method my Nevron skeleton doesn't move after hitting the retargeting button. The joints become purple, but no movement while playing the animation. Only the FBX-skeleton moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Shift the mocap at frame 0. It shouldn't cause any trouble doing it this way. The mocap frame at time zero is a reference and you can manipulate the mocap skeleton at that frame to match your target object - I've done it this way with IKinema in Maya without encountering trouble. You do this prior to any retargeting, naturally.
    Thanks for confirming. Probably being a pleb...but what am I doing wrong with the scaling?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pleb.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	158.0 KB 
ID:	115906

Excellent info, Phil. Will work with it like that later today.

Steve, what are you trying to accomplish with the scaling?
    Robert Wilson

Excellent info, Phil. Will work with it like that later today.

Steve, what are you trying to accomplish with the scaling?
    When you load in the supplied bvh mocap, it's oversized compared to the nevron skeleton and needs re-scaling...

Is scaling at load time not working for you?
    Robert Wilson

Is scaling at load time not working for you?
    Partially - just thought might be a faster way to scale rather than trial and error import scaling.

Haha - got it working finally.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast