Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nevron Motion

I use Win 7 at Work so I can't say if it's normal or not.
    I'm longing to get their setup / Scene with facial mocap
    555Lab.com

HP Z800 Win 7 x64
    LW11.0.3 x64
    Bi-Quad Xeon E5530 2.40 GHZ
    16 cores Hyperthreaded
    20GB Ram
    Nvidia Quadro FX 4800 1.5GB / CUDA 192 cores
    Dual screen HP LP2475w

Here's a fun fact for those who don't know. It seems nevron is a spelling of neuron in at least Norwegian and Swedish.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

Please guys, be patient....I'm flying back to Rome, then some cool content for Nevron will be coming!
    Lino Grandi
    3D Development, LightWave 3D Group/NewTek, Inc.

https://www.lightwave3d.com/

LightWave 3D Group YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Official...?feature=watch

My YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/linograndi?feature=mhee

I really wanna know how to pair an fbx file with anything else.

Edit: I bet the oranges are in full bloom. Rome was beautiful in the winter; gotta get there for a summer. Enjoy your time home.

Quote Originally Posted by lino.grandi View Post
    Please guys, be patient....I'm flying back to Rome, then some cool content for Nevron will be coming!

That will be great! I already purchased Nevron and am going to install it tonight or tomorrow!

Is there any way you can provide an example of using a non-standard biped character, like "the cube" from the 11.5 documentation?

Have a good flight Lino. Looking forward to playing with the new content.

Top Dog
    Good news: got the Xbox Kinect to work fairly easily on a Win 8 laptop. You just need to use the Kinect SDK 1.7 and not OpenNiTE and NiTE (these are not necessary because this is basically the open source way to use Mocap Kinect apps, but LW does not support these drivers).

Bad news: I've been struggling to get the XBox Kinect to work over the past 3 days using my MacBook Pro via Parallels. This is when I gave up and tried my daughters Win laptop (without a hitch as noted above). After a bit of googling, I found that XBox Kinect doesn't work in VM but Windows Kinect does (up until Kinect SDK 1.6, VM wasn't supported for Windows Kinect either). So it is a limitation that apparently Microsoft has imposed (those who know anything about the virtualization wars, Microsoft doesn't like vm's because they see it as a way of circumventing selling licenses of Windows). So no Nevron using XBox Kinect via Parallels, but I'm sure Bootcamp is fine (since a bootcamped Mac is basically a Wintel machine). None of my Macs are bootcamped right now, so I can't try. Still trying to get my Windows Kinect back to try out via Parallels.
    Last edited by wesleycorgi; 07-26-2013 at 08:34 PM.

well, since buying a windows licence is the same price as buying a fastmocap licence that works natively in Mac OSX, I think that when I'm buying Nevron (note I didn't say if...), I'll go with fastmocap/kinect (or asus xtion) for mocap sessions, and neuron for retargeting. The overall price would be the same, without the bootcamp hassle.

Then fly faster!

Have a safe trip home, Lino.
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

How geek can you get...
    Just placed my Nevron Motion order, to benefit from the special price. I needed a retargetting solution. I'll see after if I buy fastmocap or not to use with a Kinect.

Good news Lino. Please, can we have facial rig and the bounce?

Thank you

Francesco

Quote Originally Posted by wesleycorgi View Post
    Good news: got the Xbox Kinect to work fairly easily on a Win 8 laptop. You just need to use the Kinect SDK 1.7 and not OpenNiTE and NiTE (these are not necessary because this is basically the open source way to use Mocap Kinect apps, but LW does not support these drivers).

Bad news: I've been struggling to get the XBox Kinect to work over the past 3 days using my MacBook Pro via Parallels. This is when I gave up and tried my daughters Win laptop (without a hitch as noted above). After a bit of googling, I found that XBox Kinect doesn't work in VM but Windows Kinect does (up until Kinect SDK 1.6, VM wasn't supported for Windows Kinect either). So it is a limitation that apparently Microsoft has imposed (those who know anything about the virtualization wars, Microsoft doesn't like vm's because they see it as a way of circumventing selling licenses of Windows). So no Nevron using XBox Kinect via Parallels, but I'm sure Bootcamp is fine (since a bootcamped Mac is basically a Wintel machine). None of my Macs are bootcamped right now, so I can't try. Still trying to get my Windows Kinect back to try out via Parallels.
    Thank you very much for this information.

Do you know a way to completely remove drivers? if I simply unisntall, kinect continu not working. I suspect that wrong drivers are still in use.

Newbie Member
    Can we please have a more detailed manual of how to set up and use Nevron ?
    The provided 'manual' is more a joke than something of use.
    Most infos I took out of this thread and the official teaser video.
    I can get the Nevron and Kinect skeleton work together with the Kinect device so far, but a bit more information would be very usefull.
    F.e., how do I connect a character to a Nevron skeleton ?
    How can the individual skeleton-parts be adjusted to the character ?
    How can the kinect rig be adjusted in its parts to fit the nevron skeleton ?

Thanks
    Last edited by RK_Art; 07-27-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Hi
    I got my Xbox Kinect (not Windows) to work on my windows 7 and i can use all the SDK tools and so on but it doesn't show up in Lightwaves virtual studio. Any ideas why not ?

Even though I'm not a current Mac user, this is my understanding: you need to run under Boot Camp, not Parallels, because with Boot Camp you're actually using a genuine PC running the Windows OS, and not a virtualized PC running inside the Mac OS. At least that's what I've been told in the case of iPi Mocap Studio running on Macs--I assume the same is true for Nevron Motion Kinect since both products use the same Microsoft Kinect 1.7 drivers.

I'm not as Mac saavy as I used to be, but to me it seems that if you're serious about desktop motion capture, you would not want to run under virtualization, even if it's working, because of the potentially high memory and bandwidth overhead.

The real solution for Mac users is to have a genuine Mac version of the Windows Kinect SDK, which seems unlikely to happen, or a version of Nevron that recognizes an alternative Mac compatible Kinect driver, which is more likely but will take time because it will mean replicating what what the Microsoft version already provides developers like LW3DG and maintaining parity.

In my opinion, if you want to use Nevron Motion with Kinect now, short of getting a second computer Boot Camp may be the only practical option.

G.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast