Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nevron Motion

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle66 View Post
    How long is the NevronMotion SIGGRAPH Show Special price available?
    July 31st. As the product announcement stated.
    Will Silver
    Animator
    digital TRiP
    "Frak'em all! I USE LIGHTWAVE!"

TIP: if you get your hands on a bundled Kinect you will need a usb powersupply. amazon/ebay can help.

Hi guys, yes, I do have a XBOX 360 Kinect.
    You can record a full body motion, yes.
    You have to be in "LIVE", choose the right FPS and hit play while recording your take. You can make multiple takes and choose the best one.
    You should avoid direct light to the kinect and sun light too.
    I have had best results pointing a light toward me. The results are drastically better.
    I'll look up on the internet if there are "best practices" for kinect capturing.
    555Lab.com

HP Z800 Win 7 x64
    LW11.0.3 x64
    Bi-Quad Xeon E5530 2.40 GHZ
    16 cores Hyperthreaded
    20GB Ram
    Nvidia Quadro FX 4800 1.5GB / CUDA 192 cores
    Dual screen HP LP2475w

Have you tried to turn around? Problem with single kinects is occlusion.
    I have two kinect sensors for the xbox 360 used for Ipisoft which captures more complex motions. Hopefully neveronlw will support 2 kinects in the future.

I just noticed that the captured motion is reversed like a mirror image, move you left arm & the right arm on the character moves....is there an option to mirror it back to normal?

+1 Kuzey

Thanks khan. I can proced buying it now.
    I use ipisoft with 4 cam or 2 kinects. But I think Nevron motion make sense to do retargeting, near mocap, facial mocap.
    I can do larger movements with ipisoft and playstation cam then import in lightwave with Nevron.
    Hope they support soon 2 kinects. Necessary to really do motion capture.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzey View Post
    I just noticed that the captured motion is reversed like a mirror image, move you left arm & the right arm on the character moves....is there an option to mirror it back to normal?
    Yes, open up Virtual Studio Device Manager. Click on the OPEN text under settings column. That will bring up what the kinect sees. In there, there are lot's of options. I have to admit it's a clunky way to get into such a great set of controls, but they are there once you get there. One option is MIRROR. Others include smoothing, good for making the skeleton not jump around quite so much (jitter).

I'm sure the plugin will continue to get better and better.

I need help! I'm sure others do too. But I'm sure some have figured it all out as well.

I have the Nevron Skeleton synced up and getting motions from my Kinect! I am able to get a TAKE that I can scrub via my timeline. However what do I need to do to get that targeted on another character? I have tried to BAKE the bones. It says I don't have an FBX_LW_Rig. Where shall I get one of those? I am not a rigger, I have a 3D person geometry that I have used Genoma to RIG up. The skeleton's are not the same, even if I choose the Motion Capture Rig in Genoma.

Any guidance to help me would be appreciated! Can't wait for a manual.

I haven't looked into this at all yet, but perhaps someone here can answer the question.

I don't intend to do the Kinect route since we've already got an Optitrack setup. Will Nevron Motion work with any motion capture?

As I understand the info page of LW3DG website, it will work with any fbx/bvh file.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarlowe View Post
    As I understand the info page of LW3DG website, it will work with any fbx/bvh file.
    Thanks. I should have checked that out first.

Quote Originally Posted by tcoursey View Post
    Yes, open up Virtual Studio Device Manager. Click on the OPEN text under settings column. That will bring up what the kinect sees. In there, there are lot's of options. I have to admit it's a clunky way to get into such a great set of controls, but they are there once you get there. One option is MIRROR. Others include smoothing, good for making the skeleton not jump around quite so much (jitter).

I'm sure the plugin will continue to get better and better.
    I don't have LW11+...is this "Virtual Studio Device Manager" inside Nevron or LW. Either way, I'm surprised no one noticed during the live demos

Yes it'll get better, once they make it a stand alone app. Use Nevron to capture motion/animate & then edit results in Chronosculpt without being tied to a major 3d app...lots of potential there

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon2.0 View Post
    I haven't looked into this at all yet, but perhaps someone here can answer the question.

I don't intend to do the Kinect route since we've already got an Optitrack setup. Will Nevron Motion work with any motion capture?
    you could think of Nevron (as I understand the current scope) as a RETARGETING plugin as well as KINECT Motion Capture. I don't think it does much past that. But yes as mentioned it can work with FBX and BVH files to retarget. There may be more coming, but that's all I know of...it is a pre-release version....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzey View Post
    I don't have LW11+...is this "Virtual Studio Device Manager" inside Nevron or LW. Either way, I'm surprised no one noticed during the live demos

Yes it'll get better, once they make it a stand alone app. Use Nevron to capture motion/animate & then edit results in Chronosculpt without being tied to a major 3d app...lots of potential there
    I can't remember when the Studio came into excistence, but I believe 11+ is all you need. It may be 11.5+ If you have 11.5 you need to download 11.6 as it's the latest and FREE. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by geo_n View Post
    Have you tried to turn around? Problem with single kinects is occlusion.
    I have two kinect sensors for the xbox 360 used for Ipisoft which captures more complex motions. Hopefully neveronlw will support 2 kinects in the future.
    Yes turning around is a problem. I saw in the demo Lino talking about the limitations, so the guest spun around, lino said...no, don't show the limitations! lol.

I don't think it's a problem with the Kinect necessarily, but the software translation. I think there are other products that use ONE kinect that allow you to turn around and keep track. I believe Jimmy Rig does, Brickel Kinect and maybe others. Hopefully there will be more features and more robust software/backend with Nevron soon in an update.

I just bought my Nevron license, After checking the PDF i found that :

" To use a Kinect device, you will also need to install the Kinectruntime driver (Kinectruntime-v1 .7- Setup .exe) . This is available via microSoft, but will be provided with this product eventually . With this driver, you must use a Kinect For Windows device and not the XBox360 Kinect device . (The Kinect For Windows SDK does allow use of the XBox360 Kinect device; but you must obtain that device on your own .)"

I don't understand ???
    Dose it mean i will not be able to run my XBOX one !!!
    If that is the scenario, then i want back my money back...cause:

1st nothing mentioned that on the product requirements.
    2nd I bought my copy for that XBOX camera usage & am not going to buy another camera !!!.

Can someone explain please...
    Thanks

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast