Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nevron Motion

I guess it's a shame that Kinect was promised in 11.5 and is an add-on in 11.6 but for those that truly want to do this, this is a fair price. We purchased Jimmy Rig, looked at iClone, Kinect Brickel and others. $199 was an easy choice to have NATIVE support directly inside LW. Looking forward to begin playing more with it.

Quote Originally Posted by tcoursey View Post
    I guess it's a shame that Kinect was promised in 11.5 and is an add-on in 11.6 but for those that truly want to do this, this is a fair price. We purchased Jimmy Rig, looked at iClone, Kinect Brickel and others. $199 was an easy choice to have NATIVE support directly inside LW. Looking forward to begin playing more with it.
    Agreed. I confess I also expected this to become part of the 11.x release schedule without extra cost, but am willing to accept I merely read too much into the presentations. For the cost, compared to $600 to get iPi, I was willing to buy this right now even though I haven't yet purchased a Kinect device and currently do not have need for mocap. The mere fact I expect I shall need it before long, coupled with this intro price, was too compelling to pass up.
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

I look at this as having access to MB and all that entails.
    There is no way this is NOT as cool.

My wife and I were marked up and fbx'ed one year at SIGGRAPH. First time I can play with it in lw, without limitation.

I am stoked. These two programs are worth $1k, each, if they were from other entities. Now, they just need API's.

Kudos, Lightwave 3D Group of Newtek!

Hello all. Brand new Lightwave user here. Liked what I say at Siggraph and bought the whole bundle - Lightwave 11.6, ChronoSculpt and Nevron. Right now, I'm having an issue with trying to get the Nevron system working. So, I have a few questions.

1. I'm not quite sure about installing the Nevron folder into the plugins folder. So, I unzipped the Nevron file and was getting some windows messages asking me if I wanted to proceed with unzipping to non encrypted files. Odd, I thought, but clicked Yes. So, now I have a folder (nevronmotion_1-0_win64_20130722) and it contains a _MACOSX folder and a NevronMotion_Win64 folder. OK, I'm guessing. So, in the Win64 folder, I have a bin folder, and a few files (Kinect_Skeleton.lws, Nevron_Skeleton.lws, a EULA and a Readme file). And in the bin folder are some .p files and .dll files.

2. So, the Nevron instructions state to move this folder (I'm assuming its the main folder containing everything) to <user>/.Newtek/Lightwave/11.6/plugins. So, I go there and I don't have a plugins folder; so I create one and drop the main folder in there.

3. Question: Is that correct? Or should I have just dropped the bin folder there? Or should I have dropped the files from the bin folder there?

4. The instructions state I could using the Edit plugins menu and Add the plugins (the .p files). When I do that, it finds the 3 .p files, but, what about the .dll files? This is assuming I didn't move the main folder to the <user> link as above.

5. I have tried both methods, and in Lightwave, I can add the Nevron Motion via Master Plugins. Via Device Manager, I can see my Kinect and able to Enable it. I have tried to rename the Kinect to Kinect_A; as well as leave the default name. I can enable the Kinect. However, the Status always indicates "Stopped". I can click open under Settings and the Kinect window comes up; but, it just shows a blank white screen where the incoming video should be.

6. I have installed the Microsoft Kinect 1.7 drivers. I am using an XBOX 360 Kinect and not a Kinect for Windows; however, the instructions and MS Kinect page states the XBOX 360 is usable. I have the A/C plug for the Kinect and it powers up when I plug it into the USB port, however, the green light on the front is just flashing. Is this normal? I'm thinking not. I have not used this Kinect for anything before and I bought it brand new from major outlet.

My guess, is that I did not install the Nevron folder correctly. I see that someone else is using the XBox 360 and it is working.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to using Lightwave and making some great animations. Thank you if you read through all of this.

Ernettx, I suggest you to install the Kinect SDK instead.
    Follow these steps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5uTH3S9P9g

Once it's done, you're sure there is no driver issue.

To install the plugin, go wherever you've installed it and select the .p files.
    After that, you have to Enable your Kinect, so tick Enable on the device Manager and you should be fine.

To see if you have Nevron installed correctly, open the scene and click on the Nevron button after you've added it in the Menu.
    You should see the retargetting panel
    555Lab.com

HP Z800 Win 7 x64
    LW11.0.3 x64
    Bi-Quad Xeon E5530 2.40 GHZ
    16 cores Hyperthreaded
    20GB Ram
    Nvidia Quadro FX 4800 1.5GB / CUDA 192 cores
    Dual screen HP LP2475w

Thanks Khan973 I'll give that a try and I'll report back. Appreciate it greatly

Should I uninstall the Kinect 1.7 drivers?

I think you should. Try with the latest SDK which is 1.7 too I believe.
    I haven't tried the main drivers as they say in the Manual that the XB360 version wouldn't work with these drivers.
    555Lab.com

HP Z800 Win 7 x64
    LW11.0.3 x64
    Bi-Quad Xeon E5530 2.40 GHZ
    16 cores Hyperthreaded
    20GB Ram
    Nvidia Quadro FX 4800 1.5GB / CUDA 192 cores
    Dual screen HP LP2475w

Kewl ok that works. I can see the incoming camera video now. I load the Kinect skeleton and am able to move it around. So, how to I record now in Studio? I have Active, Live and Allow Rec activated. What is the magic button? Sorry, I will open the manual this weekend, but right now I would love to record a motion capture. (After all it is Christmas morning and you helped me open my new presents hehe)

Correct... you do need to get the seperate Nevron Motion and use it as a plugin

I'm sorry for being a little cautious here but has anyone successfully made a full-body motion capture with Nevron Motion and one Kinect ?

The video on Nevron is not really selling it and the net is void of......anything regarding Nevron Motion.
    Last edited by jeremydk; 07-24-2013 at 11:35 PM.

Top Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by ernesttx View Post
    Kewl ok that works. I can see the incoming camera video now. I load the Kinect skeleton and am able to move it around. So, how to I record now in Studio? I have Active, Live and Allow Rec activated. What is the magic button? Sorry, I will open the manual this weekend, but right now I would love to record a motion capture. (After all it is Christmas morning and you helped me open my new presents hehe)
    The manual doesn't give much more detail (yet). Take a look at the ustream videos from Siggraph with Lino and Dave; they kind of go step by step.

That Ustream recording is totally awesome. Why not put something like that in the sales Nevron teaser ?

Hi Khan,

Are you using an xbox360 kinect?

Merci beaucoup.

Since this will not be included in lw in the future. Does this mean every lw version will need to have an updated paid version of neveronlw?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast