Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LightWave 11.6

Quote Originally Posted by BeeVee View Post
    You can do that in 11.6 with Compound nodes, or is that not what you meant?

B
    yes...I noticed that node, I was testing it, but donīt know how to pack it in such node if possible...have to see if the compound node is documented well and read up on that.
    Couldnīt find a way to copy the whole node network in the nodal motion and paste it inside of a compound node, must be doing it wrong.
    Edit...found it documented, have to read up on it though.

Thanks

i figured out the part of jumping in and out of the compound node by double clicking on the nodes in or out, is those just jump points? would be better if we could have a go to level above or in the nodeflow could have an exact representationof which node level you are in.

I expected it to copy all the nodes I select and simply paste those in to the compound node, but it leaves out the input node with item position/world position/frame/time and it leaves out the end node called nodal motion/position/rotation/scale..
    so it is only the raycast geometry node and the convert hit normal node that is copied when pasted inside of the compound node...so I havenīt figured that out yet.

Michael

I thought the same thing when I first read the title. I thought it was supposed to match a camera or light to the perspective view, but the text made it sound like the reverse, so I had to try it out and see it in action. Perhaps it'd be better to say "moves and rotates cameras and lights to match the perspective view" but that's too long for a feature name.

How about "Copy Perspective View to Cameras or Lights"?

Quote Originally Posted by eKalb View Post
    Ok, I see now, it matches the camera or light to the perspective view. I thought it was doing the opposite (Moving perspective view to where camera or light is) It was the way it is worded. "Matching Perspective to Camera or Light" to me means changing the perspective view to match the camera view or light view. I was wondering why someone would need to have the perspective view match a camera or light view exactly when they could just do what they needed to from camera or light view.
    [mr] Dana W. Burman | http://dwburman.com
    Motion Graphics for sale at Pond5 Stock Footage
    Check out my tutorials at Liberty3d.com & my YouTube channel!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    dont have a printer, but they seem to be working, I imported, and test export, you have to click ok on the first requester wich has only non manifold edges checked, that will open a new requester.

Michael
    in modeler or layout??
    Intel Core i7-980, OC 4.7ghz water cooled.
    Gigabyte x58-UD3R with an Intell SSD 180GIG
    RamCorsair-DDR3-1600-32GIG
    Nvidia Titan Z, x 2 And 1 GTX-1080 by Gigabyte.
    4xEnterprise/WDVelociRaptorŪ300gig

Quote Originally Posted by zapper1998 View Post
    in modeler or layout??
    modeler

Cheers.

Michael

anyone knows whats about LW 11.6 placing an "input" node in every surface automatically. apparently this node cannot be removed. when opening the scene saved from 11.6 with 11.5.1, layout always is complaining about not finding that node. known bug/ issue? should i report by fogbugz?
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

Either a bug or something new they added. I'm not sure which.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    Profile piece
    2010 Reel
    'The X's' Reel

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    The original Jovian Color Picker works that way as well (doesn't update until you click OK) no matter which application you're using it with. I'll have to take another look at the new features vid now though.
    Anyone else seeing the built-in Jovian not displaying the color gradient in the upper left square window; only greyscale. Jovian works as expected. It's this way on both 32-bit and 64-bit. If that IS the way it's intended to work, what's the point of having a wide greyscale, that actually is changing colors as you blindly drag over it, and a narrow saturation gradient?
    Blown Glass · Carbon Fiber + Imagination

Spherical Magic | We Build Cool Stuff!

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by 3dworks View Post
    anyone knows whats about LW 11.6 placing an "input" node in every surface automatically. apparently this node cannot be removed. when opening the scene saved from 11.6 with 11.5.1, layout always is complaining about not finding that node. known bug/ issue? should i report by fogbugz?
    I think it is a bug. It is after all, a pre-release...

However if you set your alert level to low, you will be able to open the scene in 15.1 (after clicking away the error) without problem. I just thought this may help some people...

It's a replacement for Spot Info which is gone in 11.6.
    http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....=1#post1336976

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    I expected it to copy all the nodes I select and simply paste those in to the compound node, but it leaves out the input node with item position/world position/frame/time and it leaves out the end node called nodal motion/position/rotation/scale.
    Right now, it works very similar to the TrueGroup plugin's group node, where you need to manually define the I/Os for the group.

However, from a workflow efficiency perspective I think there's still significant room for improvement, esp. in cut-n-paste cases like you describe. LW should be able to automatically "cull" the input node from the pasted network and instead add inputs corresponding with the connections from the input node. Likewise, if the "nodal output" node (name varies by nodal silo, f.e. for surfaces name is "Surface") is among the cut-n-pasted network, that should be culled and instead outputs created matching the connections to that output node instead. Put more directly, in cases where it knows certain nodes represent "edges" to the nodal network, it should step back from those edge nodes and manifest the connections to those edge nodes as the compound node's IOs.

The workflow needs to facilitate the easiest possible conversion of existing networks to compound nodes. Having a way to dump a text or XML manifest / representation of the contents of a compound node would also be highly useful (separate from saving/loading compounds). Still, all of that can wait for the next ordinal version, just having compounds at all is a great start -- so long as the existing save/load format supports automatic compound versioning or such so that later changes won't invalidate usability of existing compounds.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    It's a replacement for Spot Info which is gone in 11.6.
    http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....=1#post1336976
    I think you may be confusing the "Input" node mentioned above with the "Info" node Matt described.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by 3dworks View Post
    I reported that one because it was really starting to drive me crazy!
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Jordan View Post
    I reported that one because it was really starting to drive me crazy!
    I think this node has to be in here for the new raycasting available to the node editor. If you say no to all when the object is loaded back into 11.5.1 it will not harm the model from what I have tested.
    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates - "I Drank What??"

@ MSherak: I do not know for you, but there I select "No to All" has not.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast