Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: LightWave Plugin Database Now Live!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    All good suggestions guys, many are on the list, after SIGGRAPH though.
    Thanks for doing this / incorporating the excellent lwplugindb!! Very nice, and about time Newtek took the reins on this!

Please do give us authors logins like on the old lwplugindb so we can easily update descriptions, screenshots, logos and links to download. It will be much less likely for me to go to the trouble of emailing and awaiting a response to ask for a change of something of mine in the db, but if you give me my author db as before, then it's way easier to keep plugins up to date and actually encourages me to make updates and add new plugins.

I'd prefer if the author logins were not necessarily tied to our lw3d registrations for our software downloads but kept separate if that is possible...

I thought that this database could be opened one day,
    with a kind of explicit process for adding plugin entry properly,
    and possible legitimate access for authors themselves.

Denis.

It will be when time permits. It's number 3 on my list of tasks.

When it is ready, I'll post in here allowing the Closed Beta 3rd party devs early access to the posting/editing system.

Quote Originally Posted by DuneBoy View Post
    It will be when time permits. It's number 3 on my list of tasks.

When it is ready, I'll post in here allowing the Closed Beta 3rd party devs early access to the posting/editing system.
    Don't understand what you are saying exactly,
    but thanks for fast reply.

Denis.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Just a heads up, the LightWave plugin database is now live:

http://www.lightwave3d.com/assets/plugins/
    Matt you are a live saver. We are going to be using this at a work A LOT.
    EDIT: I am blown away I did not notice this before.
    I have not had time to read the whole thread, but may I suggest

Add a "3rd party Plug In" tab into Lightwave (In both Modeller and Layout) and allow people to search for 3rd party plug in solutions within the program.
    Last edited by robertoortiz; 12-07-2013 at 10:19 AM.
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

I think it is vital for the Lightwave community that the plugins section be payed some attention. It used to be with lwplugindb that we could post reviews, notify of new plugins, etc. But now it's just been too long without any new plugins added or listed. Extremely important and excellent plugins like those by 3DPowers have been out for more than a year but are stilll not mentioned and this really must be damaging the developing community. Take a look at this: http://www.cgchannel.com/2013/12/3rd...lling-plugins/

Please Newtek don't lose sight of what's important because of those things that are just urgent.
    Oliver Zúņiga
    VFX Supervisor
    MarteStudio
    www.martestudio.com

Quote Originally Posted by imshadi View Post
    I think it is vital for the Lightwave community that the plugins section be payed some attention.
    I agree.

It used to be with lwplugindb that we could post reviews, notify of new plugins, etc.
    It also used to be my sole job, filling the free time of unemployment. It's now one of my many tasks.

Extremely important and excellent plugins like those by 3DPowers have been out for more than a year but are stilll not mentioned...
    They are now.

If there are other missing plugins, please email the plugins' details to [email protected]

I can address bite-size requests a lot quicker than, 'add everything on the internet.'

Quote Originally Posted by DuneBoy View Post
    I agree.

It also used to be my sole job, filling the free time of unemployment. It's now one of my many tasks.

They are now.

If there are other missing plugins, please email the plugins' details to [email protected]

I can address bite-size requests a lot quicker than, 'add everything on the internet.'
    Thanks DuneBoy. Where is the appropriate place to ask if the plugin list can be made filterable? Obviously this is a job for the web devs but for example, making them filtered to only see commercial plugins or modeler only or free layout plugins, etc.?
    -Joshua Jorgensen

Quote Originally Posted by meatycheesyboy View Post
    Thanks DuneBoy. Where is the appropriate place to ask if the plugin list can be made filterable? Obviously this is a job for the web devs but for example, making them filtered to only see commercial plugins or modeler only or free layout plugins, etc.?
    Currently the list can be filtered by Author:
    https://www.lightwave3d.com/assets/plugins/author/

Or by Tags:
    https://www.lightwave3d.com/assets/plugins/tag/

There are tags for Commercial and Modeler and so on. When viewing a plugin of the type you'd like to see more of, the tags at the bottom of the entry can be clicked to view the list of other plugins with that tag. Multiple tags can be used at once, the URL parser can handle that (just + them together), for example.

There's also the search field on the right hand-side of the pages for doing textual searches, the text of a tag IS included in that search.

Quote Originally Posted by meatycheesyboy View Post
    the web devs
    That would be me.

finally they have updated with 3rd powers toolset, I recall looking for it from time to time, and it is a little hard to google search it, if you donīt know exactly his name etc...now it is in the place it should have been ...several months ago, better late than never.

maybe the Lightwave UI interface should be up there too with recent improvements, and octane and the rest of the stuff that the crazy juangon is cooking up for lightwave extending and bridging to other renderers.

I think someone..maybe me should mail 3rd powers though, since I think he should link the "videos" showcasing directly on that store page ..which the plugin database links too, if you go to that page, you will loose interest if you
    donīt know there is videos of it, it is hidden in the top 3dpowers logo, or you need to know that it is the main page you have to enter to find out more about it.

I think it is vital for the Lightwave community that the plugins section be payed some attention. It used to be with lwplugindb that we could post reviews, notify of new plugins, etc. But now it's just been too long without any new plugins added or listed. Extremely important and excellent plugins like those by 3DPowers have been out for more than a year but are stilll not mentioned and this really must be damaging the developing community. Take a look at this: http://www.cgchannel.com/2013/12/3rd...lling-plugins/

Please Newtek don't lose sight of what's important because of those things that are just urgent.
    how come you mentioned it today, and those plugins from 3d powers showed up in the database this very day, I have been screaming about that since the plugins were available, a year ago I think, Is costa rica closer to texas than stockholm?..must be it and that is why they heard you clearly or I may simply need to scream louder.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    or I may simply need to scream louder
    Not louder, just in the right place. Emails sent to [email protected] become support system issues that can be assigned to me.

I do ask that each email be distinctly about one plugin or one author's plugins. An email with a huge list of plugins and no details about them doesn't help as much.
    Ken Nign

But also, yes, Costa Rica is about 4 hours from Dallas, according to the AA website. Stockholm is about 9, via London.

All I can say is LOL. I'm sure there is a real reason that doesn't have to do with me being from the land of sloths!
    Oliver Zúņiga
    VFX Supervisor
    MarteStudio
    www.martestudio.com

I'm impressed at the speed of the response. Thanks a lot. However I think I am not the only one out there willing to give back a little and post commentary and review plugins. Besides we the users usually face those weird circumstances that qualify us to explain what an Euler Filter is good for (for example). In the meantime I hope by addressing you / [email protected] we can get to make this information known to as many as possible. Thanks again!
    Oliver Zúņiga
    VFX Supervisor
    MarteStudio
    www.martestudio.com

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast