Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Houdini Engine. This could be interesting for Lightwave...

Houdini Engine. This could be interesting for Lightwave...

Rob Powers and the Lightwave group should take a look into this and maybe chat for a while with SESI people.

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?opti...wtopic&t=29107
    3d animation? Hah! Did you take a look through your window?there´s plenty of it...and pre-rendered!!

above the ecuator, then, on the right, but not too much
    Quote Originally Posted by Netvudu View Post
    Rob Powers and the Lightwave group should take a look into this and maybe chat for a while with SESI people.

absolutely agree , and i consider it a great opportunity .

for me personally ( which mostly work with Houdini Escape since core-fall and open LW occasionally for old scenes ) that wd be great .

but i assume a lot great benefits in so many levels wd be ahead .

hou 's nodal approach and digital-assets are fantastic ! and now this 'plug-engine' .. wow !

interesting times .

hope to read something more than promising from LW3DG ..

.cheers

Houdini essentially becomes the most powerful plugin for DCC
    Gary Chike

Cool

Thanks for the link.

Impressive approach. Very smart and very tempting for the non-Houdini end users.
    In the worse case scenario, if Newtek will not do it, a 3rd party developer will make it into a commercial plugin. Too much potential there not to be used accordingly.
    Ideally, Newtek will have a very close relationship with SideFX and will make this Houdini `Plug-Engine` work both ways so that you can incorporate and bring back in Houdini some of the Lightwave specific features (if SideFx have such intentions, of course).
    IMHO, no matter the Lightwave future development, this is a very interesting approach and if Newtek will not do it themselves it`ll be a serious miss for lightwavers.

Cool, a second glass-box environment to power up. Fabric Engine has competition!!! And deserved, since Houdini was doing it all along, just only for itself.

Cheers
    Last edited by probiner; 07-11-2013 at 04:17 PM.

There's already Fabric Engine they should look into which I'd rather see. http://fabricengine.com/

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    There's already Fabric Engine they should look into which I'd rather see. http://fabricengine.com/
    Sorry, Houdini first.

Hmm Houdini could well be a really useful tool, as an IO tool if nothing else! I can more likely see this as a plugin for LW than Fabric, in it's current form...

Very, very interesting stuff ...

Couldn't agree more, potential is amazing!
    Animator - Vimeo, Behance

Houdini would be fundamentally different than Fabric I would think. But I could see the Houdini engine growing much faster as it already has a user base in studios and the Maya development is indication that it could spread very rabidly in use. Fabric on the other hand may just be too different and unfamiliar to take hold as quickly. Nothing to do with which is better.

Quote Originally Posted by www.maxunderground.com. View Post
    Houdini Engine for Max?

News

Posted Thu Jul 11, 2013

(Updated) Side Effects' Robert Magee has let us know that the company would like to measure how much interest there is in a Houdini Engine for 3DS Max integration plugin. Would you be interested in seeing such a development? Please leave your comments at the end of this post.

Side Effects announced Houdini Engine, a compact API that extracts Houdini's core technologies into a procedural engine which allows for integration of Houdini technology into 3D applications.

.................................................. ......................

Link: http://www.maxunderground.com/archiv...announced.html

Maybe starting a new thread with a pool to see if there`s any interest here would make sense?

NOW YOUR TALKIN'

Bombard LW3D group on this

Either fabric or houdini support would be great. Personally I like character/creature stuff and fabric appears to be focusing on that more.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealist. View Post
    Houdini would be fundamentally different than Fabric I would think. But I could see the Houdini engine growing much faster as it already has a user base in studios and the Maya development is indication that it could spread very rabidly in use. Fabric on the other hand may just be too different and unfamiliar to take hold as quickly. Nothing to do with which is better.
    This is how I see it. Houdini is already established. Uses Python which as a lot of learning support on the web and at some point you might just want to go full Houdini.
    Fabric seems to be able to focus and have more freendom on being 3rd-party itself and not a repackage, and also multi-threading unlike Houdini, I believe is not, because precisely of Python.

Cheers
    Last edited by probiner; 07-12-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast