Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Import Blender Fluids

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastCreati View Post
    Still having problems in the Modeler Phase textures applied the dummy object (NO Nodes only Standard LW Textures) are still not being applied the converted lwo files when imported into Layout.
    Does the surface show in modeler ok or is it only wrong in layout? Did you name the surface? If the name is "Default" maybe other objects with same surface name are interfering.

Here is the quick test I did. Pretty happy with the results and the import process was great with the script.

can somebody make a quick video tutorial? i am totally new to blender - and i need to learn just fluid stuff for a demo
    a simple scene - starting from blender - using this plugin in lightwave ... thanks in advance)))

Quote Originally Posted by tyrot View Post
    can somebody make a quick video tutorial? i am totally new to blender - and i need to learn just fluid stuff for a demo
    a simple scene - starting from blender - using this plugin in lightwave ... thanks in advance)))
    I too would be very interested to learn the fluids in Blender to.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2019.03

Very nice Laptop

after couple of hours i got it work but i also have surface issue. in cageman's tutorial the plugin he was using has a feature called surf library for loading same surface at each frame..

i hope there is an easy way ... for surface update . i will use it with octane...

thankssss

Actually i followed other threads - this program is very helpful and worked with Octane materials too..!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/go...24/surfrep.zip
    Last edited by tyrot; 10-23-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Also i really have a big problem with workflow.

1- In lightwave i have a basic scene : A character holding a bottle and filling the glass with water.

2- I baked the translation of bottle as MDD and export it to Blender using (built in) LWO and MDD loaders.

3- LWO is good but when MDD kicks in rotation goes bananas.

4- Also how i can attach IN FLOW object into top of bottle ?

can somebody guide me ?

Registered User EastCoastCreati's Avatar
    Still problems with surfacing, re-tried both ways

1. adding surface to the default
    2. adding new surface tot he object

both result in LW critical crash I sent the report to your email address hope you receive it.

I have an alternative way to use Blender fluids at this point

1. once the blender scene has baked export to obj select animation and any other attributes you require. I only need the objects
    2. once it's exported as obj import the first obj file into layout
    3. under properties select go to Object Displacement and chose object sequencer
    4. scroll through the time and the fluid flow
    5. in order to surface you need "IL Save Transformed Object Sequence ls script but I have yet to find it it's an older script" which is used in Modeler.

- - - Updated - - -

@CGB that is not a quick setup...took awhile to produce that scene, looks more like a full blender scene render than a lightwave import...either way it looks great nicer work
    Last edited by EastCoastCreati; 10-24-2013 at 06:42 PM.

@CGB that is not a quick setup...took awhile to produce that scene
    Nah, not too bad at all. Took literally seconds to setup in blender. Domain box, volume box, sphere primitive with a handful of keyframes moving it to intersect the volume. Used the default settings in blender for the water domain, only changed the subdivisions to 2 and tracer particles to 1 (not even sure what they do).

From there, took an hour or so to run the simulation at a res of 100.

Opened modeler, created a dummy object (ball) with the Default surface name, applied my water texture to the dummy object, ran the python script, pointed it in the direction of the water cache from blender, and then it created a lwo sequence from the cache data with the Default name for each frame of the water being what I set on the dummy object.

Open layout, set 1 area light, load lwo sequence, import fbx data for the ball's motion, turn on caustics, render.

Took maybe two hours to render 210 frames across 8 mac minis. 1280x720 1 - 5 passes adaptive 0.03 oversample 0.15

I'm currently in nightmare client mode but will upload my files when I get a sec if you want to pick them apart.

no need to upload

I am doing the same as you but the script is crashing LW 11.6 wonder if that is the problem? and when it does work the textures are not applied..is there a limit if number of object this can handle as I am importing 300

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastCreati View Post
    no need to upload

I am doing the same as you but the script is crashing LW 11.6 wonder if that is the problem? and when it does work the textures are not applied..is there a limit if number of object this can handle as I am importing 300
    I've been using LW 11.5.1 so I'm not sure if that's a factor or not. Did you set Modeler undo levels to 0? If not the script will eat up your memory and probably cause a crash. How is your surface defined? I've only done very simple surfaces and a simple diffuse texture test.

I'll try LW 11.6 to see if that's the problem.

yup forgot I had change it back last night for another project thanks

I made a small update to the UI. It has a yes/no question at the top as a reminder to set the undo level down.

Just finished a Layout script that will copy the surface of one object to a sequence of objects. Most of the time it works, but it will randomly crash Layout and it only works when the Object Replacement is not active. It has to be set to none while changing the surfaces. I think that's as good as it can get since the script uses a few undocumented commands from the SDK. My original plan was to directly load the surface definitions from a file, but the result of those commands immediately crashed Lightwave.

Here is another test I did, this time shading the particles with hypervoxels.

Some nice tests being shown here. Wish I had been paying more attention earlier because I can use this for the job I'm on now. I'm getting inspired to study Blender once things settle down a bit--seems like a great 'plug-in' for LightWave.

Clintonman, thanks for creating the script, and thanks to everybody else for testing and showing your results.

G.

I found the reason for the crash in the sequenced object surface script. The sequence object was changing the name of the item even after it was set to None and that name change was enough to cause the crashing. Now, the script has an error message to avoid it. The script has also been updated to work with other object sequences besides just "lwo" files. That part of the script is untested though.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast