Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Import Blender Fluids

Quote Originally Posted by cgb777 View Post
    Same thing happens to me. When I advance a frame, the surface goes back to the saved stated. Any fixes or am I missing something?
    I don't know. It still works for me. The only time the trick doesn't work is if I switch the surface editor back to object mode or if I edit the material while in object mode and try to switch to scene mode afterward. It also doesn't work if the fluid is the only mesh with that surface name. The second mesh has to exist as a kind of "holder" of the surface. Did you try the plugin that Dee mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by clintonman View Post
    I don't know. It still works for me. The only time the trick doesn't work is if I switch the surface editor back to object mode or if I edit the material while in object mode and try to switch to scene mode afterward. It also doesn't work if the fluid is the only mesh with that surface name. The second mesh has to exist as a kind of "holder" of the surface. Did you try the plugin that Dee mentioned?
    The link to that plug-in didn't seem available but I think I found the issue. By creating a dummy object in modeler with my srf applied, I then ran the script and it applied that dummy object's surface to all the created lwo files in the sequence. Any tips for the best way to shade the particle sequence? with hypervoxel sprites?

Quote Originally Posted by cgb777 View Post
    The link to that plug-in didn't seem available but I think I found the issue. By creating a dummy object in modeler with my srf applied, I then ran the script and it applied that dummy object's surface to all the created lwo files in the sequence. Any tips for the best way to shade the particle sequence? with hypervoxel sprites?
    Yep, that's step 3 of the usage notes. The layout trick was for the case when you need to change the material after the fact.
    I don't think the particles are useful. I found out later that they are included in the final mesh. Before I found out the particles were used in the mesh I tried hypervoxels, but couldn't get the materials of the particles and the mesh to match up properly.

Registered User EastCoastCreati's Avatar
    I was pointed to this thread because I am looking for a plugin that will effectively import blender fluid sims into lightwave. I am a complete newbie to blender but I do have project that requires a fluid animation.

I cannot figure out how to install the plugin...can anyone please tell me what I need to do in step by step process

Figured it out

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastCreati View Post
    Figured it out
    Why do people do that? HOW?
    Blown Glass · Carbon Fiber + Imagination

Spherical Magic | We Build Cool Stuff!

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

Another question

I'm good all the way up to adding a motionmixer to the mesh object in Lightwave the only thing under the deform tab there is no motionmixer only morphmixer is that what it suppose to be used?

and no I have not figured it out that is why I am asking as I am stuck at this stage so any help would be appreciated

LW 11.6

Error message and eventual Modeler Critical Crash

Error message and eventual Modeler Critical Crash.

A basic water sim seems to work okay but trying to import another fluid blender files causes Error message and eventual Modeler Critical Crash.

the download scene is here
    http://ww.areandres.de/download/fliudsim-hq-new.zip

Error Report
    -------------------------
    import final mesh
    first frame = 0
    last frame = 42
    frame: 0
    Fluids: Importing points... 876
    Fluids: Importing triangles... 1748
    G:/fluidsurface_final_0000.bvel.gz does not exist.
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave11.6\support\plugins\scripts \Python\read_blender_fluids.py", line 686, in process
    self.processFiles(i, mod_command)
    File "C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave11.6\support\plugins\scripts \Python\read_blender_fluids.py", line 506, in processFiles
    self.saveLWObject(self._fluidType, frame, mod_command)
    File "C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave11.6\support\plugins\scripts \Python\read_blender_fluids.py", line 473, in saveLWObject
    numselpoly = mesh_edit_op.polyCount( mesh_edit_op.state, lwsdk.OPLYR_PRIMARY, lwsdk.EDCOUNT_SELECT )
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'polyCount'

----------------------------------------------------------

Another question

I'm good all the way up to adding a motionmixer to the mesh object in Lightwave the only thing under the deform tab there is no motionmixer only morphmixer is that what it suppose to be used?

and no I have not figured it out that is why I am asking as I am stuck at this stage so any help would be appreciated

LW 11.6
    Yes, morph mixer. Sorry about that.

I tried to download the crash scene but all I get is a blank page.

the download file above is not a crash file it's actual blender scene I was trying to import the fluids after baking but that is when I got errors and eventual modeller crash.

Another issue I've discovered. using a basic scene setup with a cylinder and a emitter the cylinder is hidden in the Blender screen grab

The converted blender file is flipped and stretched in Lightwave

am I doing something wrong here.

1. generated blender fluid scene
    2. open modeler
    3. create a dummy object and apply textured as required
    4. launch the python script
    5. select the either the first final or first preview file
    6. run script and wait to finish
    7. once script is competed clear modeler scene
    8 open layout and create null
    9. import the first lwo file and parent to null and assign object sequencer
    10. rotate null as require
    11. scroll through the time line and the morph happens no problem but it stretch and flipped
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	285.0 KB 
ID:	117751  
    Last edited by EastCoastCreati; 10-20-2013 at 01:19 PM.

I ran another basic fluid test and import to modeler/layout and the python converted object is still stretched. I can manual stretch it back to correct position in layout but the disadvantage is each frame has to be manually adjust..that's not fun

typo

http://www.areandres.de/download/fliudsim-hq-new.zip
    Last edited by EastCoastCreati; 10-20-2013 at 03:10 PM.

I ran another basic fluid test and import to modeler/layout and the python converted object is still stretched. I can manual stretch it back to correct position in layout but the disadvantage is each frame has to be manually adjust..that's not fun

typo

http://www.areandres.de/download/fliudsim-hq-new.zip
    Thanks for the sample. I made some changes based on it.

It does not try to process a non-existent velocity file if Generate Speed Vectors is not checked in Blender. Note that it needs to be checked to get motion blur in Lightwave.
    Fixed the flipped mesh.
    Controls for individual scale were added. Your fluid domain was scaled non-uniformly in Blender. Set the x scale to 1.5 to match your domain.

I think I found the reason that the surface couldn't be changed in Layout. The trick of using scene mode for the surface editor to change the surface does not work with nodal surfaces. If someone could point me in the right direction for saving and loading surfaces to a mesh, I can probably fix that issue too.

the test scene is not the one I have been using I only added that download link to show that not all blender scenes would not import. I am working on a different project with a simple emitter and container.

Thank you for taking your time to make these changes and looking into problem I seem to be having. this script is worth more than just a freebee you should have a donation button to PayPal on your site.

I have a suggestion, you've been updating this and other scripts based on peoples input could you maybe list all your plugins with a revision number like
    so people who know when to download updates.

I've give the latest version a try later today.
    Last edited by EastCoastCreati; 10-21-2013 at 05:34 AM.

Ijust got it DOH! I need to set the all the values for the Blender Domain, that worked.

Surfacing: being able to edit surfaces in layout would be nice...it can be done manual for each frame and it does not stick I need to render each frame one at a time fun stuff...I jus need to make sure my texture values are correct when setting up in Modeler. Test render in Layout to finalize texture values is an extra step then redo the modelr portion and reset up the scene, a few more steps but hey the import works which is awesome!!!!!!!!

What would be great if you could somehow be able to import objects (with motion path) with the fluids

the image is single frame. postioning the tank was not big deal as it is static throughout the anim. I was able to manually reposition and rotate to fit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fluid.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	318.2 KB 
ID:	117768  

Still having problems in the Modeler Phase textures applied the dummy object (NO Nodes only Standard LW Textures) are still not being applied the converted lwo files when imported into Layout.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast