Thread: Virtual Studio and Generic Joysticks ...

Virtual Studio and Generic Joysticks ...

Hello , folks
    I seem to have a misunderstanding regarding the HID device manager...
    I have a perfectly regular Win7x64 PC and a bunch of different joysticks, both branded and not branded.
    The joysticks are all connected and windows accepts them as game controllers in "devices and printers" control panel (each can be calibrated , tested, etc.)

The setup :
    1. I have several joysticks of the exact same type connected to the system. Ofcorse, needless to say, Windows accepts them as devices.
    2. When I open device manager (HID) what I see inside baffles me:
    a) name - Generic | description - Generic: 5-Axis, 12-Buttons with POV (USB) (0x12bd:0xa02f) - this one works , both values and buttons
    b) name - Generic 5-Axis, 12-Buttons with POV | description - Generic: (USB) (0x12bd:0xa02f) - this one does not seem to work at all
    c) name - Generic: WingMan Formula Force GP | description - Generic: Logitech Inc. WindMan Formula Force GP (USB) (0x046d:0xc293) - works always

The problem :
    Regardless the number of non-branded joysticks connected , I always see a) and b) inside the device manager ...
    None of the joysticks seem to work inside LW when connected through a USB Hub. although they still work well within Windows ...

The questions:
    1) How do I use a number of joysticks of the same type? Is it possible only with "branded ones" if at all ?
    2) Even when I connect yet ANOTHER type of not-branded joystick (of which I also have two [ of sticks LOL ] ) the Device Manager list does not change ...
    3) How do I solve the USB Hub issue?

P.S.
    I remember seeing something on the forum about editing some text file that could possibly solve the problems???
    P.P.S
    BTW , we are talking about LW11.5.1
    Last edited by ALPforce; 06-23-2013 at 08:39 PM.

I was stuck with this problem as well , the solution is simple:
    SET EACH OF THEM WITH A UNIQUE NAME (RENAME THEM)

doh .... ... why didn't I think of that?