Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Creation Splice, potential deformer stack / High End rigging abilities 'in LW' ?

Since the first time hearing of this I have been thinking this would definitely be something that would be wonderful for LightWave. I am not sure what would be involved in getting NewTek on board to get it supported but I think it would be a good marriage.

I am confident that creation will become widely adopted over the next few years.
    The benefit of having a centralised core that works in any package, or standalone, cannot be understated. It's a revolutionary concept. The idea that you could share deformers, rigs etc with maya, max or softimage users and visa versa, totally changes the game for everyone; and to some extent, levels the playing field as a future pipeline built around creation tools could 'almost' make the host package a matter of taste.
    Imagine being able to make an auto rigger, and being able to sell that to every single cgi rigger in any package. This is a healthy opening up of the market, that would encourage a lot more innovation that would be available to everyone.
    It is important to note that the fabric engine core is also a few orders of magnitude faster than any current dcc package, being cutting edge architecture that takes into consideration all the modern computing GPU and cpu multithreading capabilities that were not anticipated when, say Maya was conceived. So the advantage is not just in interchange and the abilities it gives the host package, but also a massive increase in processing speed.
    http://www.newtek.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18493&dateline=130857  4707

i just suggested to this to a lw developer who is looking to add a feature that i see fabric engine already has a s a part of its core creation tools. i just dont know what needs to happen to make this possible.

Ok so it's free to learn on, which is an excellent premise.. but if it's being used in production, you will presumably have to pay for it per node? Could be pretty pricey. Still I do see the appeal. I guess it would likely have to have the hooks built into LW, to make it really efficient, but maybe Hurley could take a look at it? He did some pretty impressive things with Ibounce?

Quote Originally Posted by pooby View Post
    I am confident that creation will become widely adopted over the next few years.
    The benefit of having a centralised core that works in any package, or standalone, cannot be understated. It's a revolutionary concept. The idea that you could share deformers, rigs etc with maya, max or softimage users and visa versa, totally changes the game for everyone; and to some extent, levels the playing field as a future pipeline built around creation tools could 'almost' make the host package a matter of taste.
    Imagine being able to make an auto rigger, and being able to sell that to every single cgi rigger in any package. This is a healthy opening up of the market, that would encourage a lot more innovation that would be available to everyone.
    It is important to note that the fabric engine core is also a few orders of magnitude faster than any current dcc package, being cutting edge architecture that takes into consideration all the modern computing GPU and cpu multithreading capabilities that were not anticipated when, say Maya was conceived. So the advantage is not just in interchange and the abilities it gives the host package, but also a massive increase in processing speed.
    On paper that sounds really good. Let's see if it can be used within LightWave too and how the thing evolves in general. It really looks promising.
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    i just suggested to this to a lw developer who is looking to add a feature that i see fabric engine already has a s a part of its core creation tools. i just dont know what needs to happen to make this possible.
    It does come at some interesting timing. LW Devs have had an agenda. Which had not included something like this, but rather 3P development on a new architecture and a new fully accessible SDK. I am going to guess hat the thought has more to do with keeping LightWave as a stand alone go-to application with native features.

At this time in the gestation of a new LightWave it probably seems a bit premature. And I would guess they they will continue on the current track to finish the ground work of integrating CORE tech into LightWave and after that look at developing for Fabric. Seems like doing it mid stream may cause a rewrite of the support for Fabric later which would be more work than necessary. Me just speculating. Don't know enough about the technical side of it.

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    and i meant to say 3rd party developer not lw developer.

https://vimeo.com/69163572

Forgot to mention that it's not only for 3d packages
    http://www.newtek.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18493&dateline=130857  4707

we did Nuke today as well https://vimeo.com/69329048

Very impressive. How do you handle AA in such situations? Would it be by sub-pixel sampling in splice, or handled by the host app?

The "portable" bit seems to be the code which is interpreted by the same core, and even that I'm not completely sure when it comes to an app feeds it. Seems to me also that it's application in an host app will be also case-by-case and will have to respect the limitations or orders of evaluation of the host app.

Anyway, this makes any host app have glass-box constructs like houdini, great. My only concern is that will have the same limitations as ICE, in its disconnect from the Render Tree and order of evaluations, like Geometry Approximation Subdivision. But that would probably too much.

Cheers
    Last edited by probiner; 06-28-2013 at 07:26 PM.

New video. Rigging to a solver level... :O

Last edited by probiner; 07-13-2013 at 04:40 PM.

http://documentation.fabric-engine.c...iceintegration

in case anyone wants to have a go Hooking it up to LW

creacon
    I'm pretty sure that integration in LW will be the hardest of all the packages mentioned, but it seems to be doable.

creacon

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast